Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Live Alberta Canada trip report

Tracked him for 500 yards, never could find him. I'm so pissed at myself. When I shot last night He dropped right after the shot, then rolled over and limped off into the woods. I must have hit him high. I'm so mad at myself for making a poor shot!!!!!!

My last tag is now punched. I drew blood so I'm done. Now I get to help 2 other friends fill their tags.

Stop in at a local store and see if someone has a dog to track it. I know the feeling, I lost a 6x7 in 6A about 3 years ago searched for days. We had a huge downpour that lasted for about 10 minutes and washed away any sign. Still sick over it.

Listen for the wolves and crows.

I need some advice. My Canadian hunting buddies are 100% positive the Bear is still alive. In their experience they say the Bear was hit high. They want me to keep hunting. I really don't know what to do. I definitely don't want to get Internet bashed for hunting another bear.

What would you do?????

You do what you feel comfortable with. Who gives a sh!t what anyone else thinks or says. No matter what youll have someone sayin you shoulda been done but i can gaurantee you if they were in your shoes 90% of them would still be hunting. Especially after making the trip and paying the $.

• Like 3

Rifle is still dead on. I screwed the shot!!!!

I'd shoot another. If the guys who hunt them all the time say that the bear will be fine. If you looked for it for 3 days and found it rotten and useless then yeah, tag filled! But if I was in your shoes I'd keep hunting. By the way, no ones advise means crap on this site! We all just have opinions. Do what you feel is right.

• Like 2

Not that you need my support, but given what you have stated, I wouldn't fault you at all for continuing to hunt. Were I in your situation, I believe I would.

Having been in similar shoes if you made a solid attempt to recover the bear and had no luck and they are saying to keep going then do it. It's a personal decision and up to you but I truly wish you the best of luck as I'm sure so do many on here as we are living vicariously through you at the moment.

It sounds like there are plenty of bears I would look for birds in the morning and if nothing start hunting again. Bears have low and forward vitals.

....I would cry through the night, wipe away my last tears, doubts, and regrets. Then, be out on a nice ridgeline at

first light prepared and willing to do it all over again if necessary!