Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Shoulder surgery roll call

Well I'm way past the need to have some work done on my left shoulder. I've been gritting out each day but quality of life is beginning to suffer. Looking for recomendations for the greatest surgeon in az? My current surgeon just seems to be going through the motions and doesn't seem concerned to find and correct the issue. I'm going to wait until after archery this sept then I'll be looking for a knife. Thanks for any insight.

Have you done a physical therapy routine? Had my shoulder rebuilt 15 years ago. Lasted about three good years and had to resort back to physical therapy and massage. Good luck. The reason I bought my first bow was to condition my shoulder.

get it cut on and get your crossbow permit for archery hunts this year. Or wait until you get an archery bull tag to get it cut on?

I had my left done four weeks ago by Dr Mattalino in Phx and highly recommend him. I put in points only this year but could have done a hunt if drawn. My range of motion was great within days and my strength now is probably 75%.

Dr. Rohrbaugh up here in Flagstaff at Northern AZ Orthopedics did mine. He was great!

Dr. Scott Slagis in Tucson. He rebuilt my dad's shoulder twice (shoulder and arm were half way down his back after an accident) and he rebuilt my foot after crushing it on a hunting trip, very good doc!! My foot was so bad that I still walk funny but I don't blame it on the doc. He's treated us well and made money off us lol.

Ripped my left pectoral off my humerus and blew my shoulder out throwing a calf three years ago. Michael Dersam with Arizona orthopedics did a wonderful job on me. Great range of motion and a pretty painless recovery considering the severity. I was elk hunting with my son and carrying a light pack a month later.

• Like 1

Dr. Scott Slagis in Tucson. He rebuilt my dad's shoulder twice (shoulder and arm were half way down his back after an accident) and he rebuilt my foot after crushing it on a hunting trip, very good doc!! My foot was so bad that I still walk funny but I don't blame it on the doc. He's treated us well and made money off us lol.

Does he do knee's? I have a knee problem that is keeping me out of the hunting game, and giving me grief at work. I need insurance first.

Was at the doc today for same thing. Had it done 2+ years ago by a hack in N. Dakota . might need it again down here in AZ. Should of had the first one done here. Can't reccomend this doc. yet. Good luck.................BOB!

Does he do knee's? I have a knee problem that is keeping me out of the hunting game, and giving me grief at work. I need insurance first.
I'm not sure? I would assume so but don't know. He's on grant near tmc, not far from you actually.
  • Like 1

Had my done at the CORE institute in Sun City West in 2011 and have had zero problems. tore rotator and bicep tendon they did both at same time. 6-8 weeks and I was back after it. Doc's name was araghi (SP) did me good

+1 for Michael Dersam. A prior Dr told me " your shoulder is inoperable, quit using your arm." I got a second opinion from Michael Dersam, and boom, he fixed my arm. I know another guy on here that will say the same.