Big Browns

I'm getting excited for Dove season!!!!

Looks like I won't be able to hunt dove until the 10th. Save some for me :)

I've always wanted to dove hunt, but never have. Last year I was going to try it out but was a little late jumping on that. Would love to take out my daughter this Sept.

How does one find good spots on maps? Just find water and sit/wait? I've noticed on videos on youtube a lot of people seem to be hunting doves around fields? So I'm thinking something like the Marana area would be nearest to me? I'm just not sure the legality of shooting around fields like that. Do you have to have owners permission?

If you're 400 yards away from an occupied structure and the area is not posted as No Hunting/Trespassing, the most someone can do is tell you to leave.

• Like 2

If you're 400 yards away from an occupied structure and the area is not posted as No Hunting/Trespassing, the most someone can do is tell you to leave.

Better make it 440 yards.

• Like 4

I've always wanted to dove hunt, but never have. Last year I was going to try it out but was a little late jumping on that. Would love to take out my daughter this Sept.

How does one find good spots on maps? Just find water and sit/wait? I've noticed on videos on youtube a lot of people seem to be hunting doves around fields? So I'm thinking something like the Marana area would be nearest to me? I'm just not sure the legality of shooting around fields like that. Do you have to have owners permission?

I have never hunted them as well there use to be a bunch by where I lived. If you decide you want to drive to the Benson area I would show you and daughter where to go. It might not be a ton of birds but there will be little to no people

• Like 1

Not sure if the dove hunting down near Yuma is what it was 20 years ago. If it's anything close to it you need to experience it at least once.

• Like 1

I went scouting last night and found a LOT of birds! I can't wait!!!!!!

post-1205-0-10390800-1469497817_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-40109700-1469497852.jpg

• Like 8

I went scouting last night and found a LOT of birds! I can't wait!!!!!!

I've never admitted publicly that I scout dove. Thank you for the courage to come forth.

I have some young Cousins coming over from California with their Grandpa. Looks like it will be a good shoot for 4 generations on opening day.

• Like 5

More pics to get everyone pumped for Dove season

post-1205-0-09906400-1469561938.jpg

post-1205-0-13487800-1469561970.jpg

post-1205-0-24538300-1469562000.jpg

• Like 1

Reason I ask is that it looks like my property and I don't allow dove/quail hunters without permission. It's a great spot but people leaving shells and trash ruined it for the rest.