codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

There is usually some after the first week. Usually the se corner of the state

35A will be a tough hunt. Much better access than nearby units, which is nice, but buck numbers have been trending down as has hunter success. But as with any hunt, if you put in the work you will likely be rewarded. Don't forget a lion tag.

Looks like I picked up a 36a thanksgiving tag. Never hunted it for deer but it beats sitting at home!

• Like 1

Looks like I picked up a 36a thanksgiving tag. Never hunted it for deer but it beats sitting at home!

you make a trip to UT yet?

you make a trip to UT yet?

No. Unfortunately I had some things come up and haven't made it up there yet. Hoping to by next month. Will be in touch with you soon though.

Not a bad hunt at all, you should get some decent opportunities ... It is that in between hunt that usually sucks.

35A will be a tough hunt. Much better access than nearby units, which is nice, but buck numbers have been trending down as has hunter success. But as with any hunt, if you put in the work you will likely be rewarded. Don't forget a lion tag.

I drew 35A early Nov. with my buddies.. Sucks to hear bucks on the decline..Any tips ?? I've never been.

Never hunted the area myself. My comment on the decline was based off my review of the data from the 2015 AZ Hunt Statistics book. Looking at the 2009 book, there was a similar year in 2005 with low numbers and after a few years the %'s picked back up again. Hopefully it is the same this time around.

• Like 1

Never hunted the area myself. My comment on the decline was based off my review of the data from the 2015 AZ Hunt Statistics book. Looking at the 2009 book, there was a similar year in 2005 with low numbers and after a few years the %'s picked back up again. Hopefully it is the same this time around.

Thanks dude.

ill be in 36a for the november hunt with my dad it looks like.

Early or late November....there will be 3 maybe 5 in my camp for the early hunt