codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

This is so funny you guys are stressing and busting game and fish about tags you didn't even want to begin with... smdh

• Like 2

My 3rd and 4 choice had leftovers I just did a bonehead move and forgot to put my ssn on the application

This is so funny you guys are stressing and busting game and fish about tags you didn't even want to begin with... smdh

I still want the tag, just less than 5 others units :D

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is stressing or busting on game and fish. I just think it's weird that they update the leftover list before all applications have been accounted for.

• Like 1

Remember: We'll have another batch in a few weeks as people exercise their Point Guard option. You'll have to check that leftover list everyday to see if a good tag pops up.

Then a mad dash to a Department office to grab that tag!

I think this is the first year the 36's ran out in the reg draw. More population here now days and Guys are hunting Coues when 10 years ago they didn't. Few more years no Leftovers................BOB!

Coues boom has a bottom that will drop out. With patience and work involved, a lot of the armchair guys will be one and done.

Bob, there were two of the hunts in 36B that had tags leftover. There is still one with quite a few. But there were no tags leftover for the Oct. hunt for the first time.

Remember: We'll have another batch in a few weeks as people exercise their Point Guard option. You'll have to check that leftover list everyday to see if a good tag pops up.

I don't think they established a process for that did they? Just kinda said it could be one of many things. I'm hoping its just the next guy in line that would have gotten it because I can't imagine the chaos with everyone trying to race to get one tag. Guys that live closer would have an advantage as well.

I don't think they established a process for that did they? Just kinda said it could be one of many things. I'm hoping its just the next guy in line that would have gotten it because I can't imagine the chaos with everyone trying to race to get one tag. Guys that live closer would have an advantage as well.

Yeah, I'm just speculating. Not sure how they're gonna handle it. We shall see!

Yeah, I'm just speculating. Not sure how they're gonna handle it. We shall see!

I talked to a guy the other day who claims he has verified the process with the Game and Fish officials. He drew a good tag, and used a lot of points. So he is going to walk into the office after August 1, and give back his tag and collect his points. He will then hand them a completed application for the same tag, and buy it back as he will be first in line for the now available over the counter tag first come, first serve tag.