codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

I need them out today so I can get some work done today

• Like 1

Makes at least two of us. Still waiting to find out what hunt my coworkers son drew so I can plan another hunt for another 1st time hunter, and hopefully pick up a tag myself. I keep refreshing the G&F tab about 5 minutes to see if they're posted yet.

• Like 1

I just called main office and they said it would be posted sometime tomorrow on website.

I just called main office and they said it would be posted sometime tomorrow on website.

They better be or I will go nuts

Kudos to G$F for a smooth draw. That being said, I wonder why they didn't make the leftover tag submission date a week or so later? Earliest tag would be in October so no rush. Seems like they are making more work for themselves.

I agree the draw seems to have gone pretty smoothly but I wish they would put the archery deer hunts that require to be drawn in with the elk & antelope draw. The hunters that draw barely have a month to get ready for their hunt. Some people have to put in requests for time off work way in advance. If I ever draw a 13B archery tag, I will be doing this diy and I would like more time to scout/prepare.

I don't know, it just seems the dept could do some things to make it a little more user friendly. Releasing info to portal account holders early is another example. If you got the info, just release it to everyone. Why make a big deal out of it? They are a govt. tax (hunting & fishing licenses fees are a tax) funded entity, why withhold info? Just say'n.

• Like 2

I agree the draw seems to have gone pretty smoothly but I wish they would put the archery deer hunts that require to be drawn in with the elk & antelope draw. The hunters that draw barely have a month to get ready for their hunt. Some people have to put in requests for time off work way in advance. If I ever draw a 13B archery tag, I will be doing this diy and I would like more time to scout/prepare.

I don't know, it just seems the dept could do some things to make it a little more user friendly. Releasing info to portal account holders early is another example. If you got the info, just release it to everyone. Why make a big deal out of it? They are a govt. tax (hunting & fishing licenses fees are a tax) funded entity, why withhold info? Just say'n.

Ive thought about that as well. But, it seems to me that a lot of people would apply for those hunts, and if not drawn, still be given an opportunity to apply and draw in the fall draw cycle. If they could work something out as having to choose one draw cycle or the other, it might work. Idk though.

Ive thought about that as well. But, it seems to me that a lot of people would apply for those hunts, and if not drawn, still be given an opportunity to apply and draw in the fall draw cycle. If they could work something out as having to choose one draw cycle or the other, it might work. Idk though.

In order to make that work those that want to apply for the archery deer hunts AND rifle deer hunts, game and fish would have to hold the fall archery deer draw with elk/antelope draw and then those that are unsuccessful would have to be allowed to put in during the fall draw also, but if they put in for archery 13b 1st choice and archery 13a 2nd choice during the elk/antelope draw and were unsuccessful, they'd have to put in for rifle hunts starting with their 3rd choice in the fall draw, automatically eliminating them from the 1,2 pass because they've already declared their 1st 2 choices and weren't drawn. Hope that makes sense. Seems like to much for G$F to handle to be honest.

Who would turn down a strip tag if they only had a couple of weeks notice? I'm pretty sure everyone would make it happen.

• Like 1

I just put in my leave slips if not drawn I cancel the leave.

That's what I do. I block 2 weeks in September and 3 weeks in November(13B). I've been canceling them for awhile now. Lol