codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

What's the process for leftovers? Just mail the app and a check for $58 tomorrow?

if you mail it tomorrow, the timing is wrong and everyone that sends it monday will be ahead of you. trust me i do it every year and get a tag.

Send it on Tuesday it will increase the odds.................................................of me getting a tag.

• Like 5

Best way to get a tag is just like how the Democrats want you to vote. Apply early and apply often.

Aaaarrrrgh! Just went to finish my app and my wife used the last check and forgot to order more. Has anyone used a money order? Will they mail you a refund check if unsuccessful or do you leave the money order blank and they return it to you?

Aaaarrrrgh! Just went to finish my app and my wife used the last check and forgot to order more. Has anyone used a money order? Will they mail you a refund check if unsuccessful or do you leave the money order blank and they return it to you?

Well that sucks. Give a (trust-worthy) friend cash and have them write a check for you.

I always use USPS MO's, never checks. Had an old bank freeze my account many years ago due to an errant court order that took me a few months to straighten out. Always used USPS MO's since. AZFD will cash the entire MO and if you are not drawn, will issue you a state check for your refund(minus app fee, of course).

The leftover process is a little different. If your app doesn't pull any tags, they'll return it, along with your check/MO uncashed. This also happens if all the tags are gone before they pull your app.

They won't cash it unless you pull a tag.

I've never been lucky to get a left over and what I always get in return is my entire app and uncashed check. Not sure what they would do with a money order though. Guessing they have to cash them.

Left overs are out. A lot fewer tags available this year.

https://www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Draw

Wow, you aint playin'! No leftovers for 1st hunt-36B. I've never seen that before!

• Like 1

So I just got off the phone with the AZGFD. She lady said that for the leftover draw, it's better to leave the money order blank. If you are successful, she said they will fill it out and cash it. If unsuccessful, they will return the blank money order to you and you can cash it. Thanks everyone for the replies.

• Like 4

So what happens if I put In for three different hunts on Three different apps and send three different envelopes in? Could I potentially get 3 tags than have to choose between them and let the other two go to waste while at the same time costing two other people an opportunity at a hunt? Not asking for myself as much as my wife and kid.

So what happens if I put In for three different hunts on Three different apps and send three different envelopes in? Could I potentially get 3 tags than have to choose between them and let the other two go to waste while at the same time costing two other people an opportunity at a hunt? Not asking for myself as much as my wife and kid.

I think you know the answer. And it's no. You can't get three tags.

Well if I did I wouldn't have asked. I just didn't know if they had a way to automatically reject the second two apps once the first one was accepted. I don't want more than one tag I just want to get my wife or son drawn for something rather than nothing. I've never applied for leftovers so it's new to me.

• Like 1