codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

for the guys that dont go on FB or instagram, theres dudes on social media that dont even live in AZ but they promote our opportunities like crazy. so its not just more locals, theres a lot more out of staters going for them now too.

• Like 1

Remember: We'll have another batch in a few weeks as people exercise their Point Guard option. You'll have to check that leftover list everyday to see if a good tag pops up.

Then a mad dash to a Department office to grab that tag!

I don't think they established a process for that did they? Just kinda said it could be one of many things. I'm hoping its just the next guy in line that would have gotten it because I can't imagine the chaos with everyone trying to race to get one tag. Guys that live closer would have an advantage as well.
Yeah, I'm just speculating. Not sure how they're gonna handle it. We shall see!
I talked to a guy the other day who claims he has verified the process with the Game and Fish officials. He drew a good tag, and used a lot of points. So he is going to walk into the office after August 1, and give back his tag and collect his points. He will then hand them a completed application for the same tag, and buy it back as he will be first in line for the now available over the counter tag first come, first serve tag.
Haha I really hope that's not the process but if it is that's brilliant and shows how stupid the system they have in place is. I really can't see that being the process though. Makes no sense.
  • Like 1

I picked up a leftover 32 tag. It shows pending in my portal results.

Same here - Hunt 1115

Congrats, metau!

Grats Luca and Kenny.

Thanks CP. This will be my first ever rifle hunt for Coues, and my first rifle hunt in AZ since I got into bow hunting many years ago. I'm looking at doing a 5 day trip into the wilderness area. Will also have a bear and lion tags in my pocket, unless I tag out earlier on scouting trips. Now I just need to find a few water sources or else I'll be packing in a couple dromedary bags.

Remember: We'll have another batch in a few weeks as people exercise their Point Guard option. You'll have to check that leftover list everyday to see if a good tag pops up.

I don't think they established a process for that did they? Just kinda said it could be one of many things. I'm hoping its just the next guy in line that would have gotten it because I can't imagine the chaos with everyone trying to race to get one tag. Guys that live closer would have an advantage as well.
I talked to a guy the other day who claims he has verified the process with the Game and Fish officials. He drew a good tag, and used a lot of points. So he is going to walk into the office after August 1, and give back his tag and collect his points. He will then hand them a completed application for the same tag, and buy it back as he will be first in line for the now available over the counter tag first come, first serve tag.

That's just not right.

That's just not right.

If this works, it is bad news for all the sheep and antelope applicants that are one bonus point away from max points. Some guys will be hunting goats almost every year!

I just called Game and Fish office, lady told me that it will work this way, but it is not the intent of the system. She was not very pleasant when I detailed out the question.

That's just not right.

I hope they have something in the rules preventing this. This is IMO why the rules are messed up g&f try to help us out and someone always tries to mess with the system

I f this holds true it needs to be posted for all to see and then be at every meeting possible to end it. Total bullsh!t.

• Like 2

doesnt anybody read it - there not gonna let the guy handing it over just buy it back first -come first serve immediatly--- bunch of options - if it ever gets to over the counter .

According to rule (R12-4-118), the department has several options for the reissuance of a surrendered hunt permit-tag. The proximity to the start of a particular hunt, the type of hunt permit-tag, and demand for that hunt permit-tag will factor into how it will be reissued.

Upon receipt of an original, unused hunt permit-tag surrendered in compliance with this Section, the Department shall: 1. Restore the person’s bonus points that were expended for the surrendered tag, and 2. Award the bonus point the person would have accrued had the person been unsuccessful in the computer draw for the surrendered tag. 3. Not refund any fees the person paid for the surrendered tag, as prohibited under A.R.S. § 17-332(E). F. The Department may, at its sole discretion, re-issue or destroy the surrendered original, unused hunt permit-tag. When re-issuing a tag, the Department may use any of the following methods in no order of preference:
1. Re-issuing the surrendered tag, beginning with the highest membership level in the Department’s membership program, to a person who has a valid and active membership in that membership level and who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process;

2. Re-issuing the surrendered tag to a person who has a valid and active membership in any tier of the Department’s membership program with a tag surrender option and who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process;

3. Re-issuing the surrendered tag to an eligible person who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process; or

4. Offering the surrendered tag through the first-come, first-served process.