codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

If they have 40,000 apps to go through, I'm sure it's just a big pile and they just grab one, enter info and see if a hunt is still available. They only issued 367 tags yesterday. Likely just 3 folks sitting around a big pile of letters.

I guess it doesn't pay to be on the ball and have your application in on the first day. Unless of course they're still working through Monday's pile of applications? Who knows.

I just checked my portal, shows pending for the first choice on my leftover application. :D

When did you mail your check and application?

I can't imagine they got anywhere near 40,000 applications. If that's the case then they should just say applications are due on Monday once the tags have been allocated from those applications first come tags will be available the following Monday. I have to believe that 90% of the leftover tags that are going to go would be gone in that one day. If they received anywhere near that amount of applications.

I just checked my portal, shows pending for the first choice on my leftover application. :D

Does it show up under "My Applications/Tags" or another area?

Yes. I have a deer, not drawn, for what I put in for during the regular draw and then right below it is another deer, pending, with the hunt number that was on my leftover app.

• Like 1

Correct. In the portal, click on "My Applications/Tags". There it will show your pending tag if you have been issued a leftover tag with hunt number. If you click to the right of that on "More Detail" is will display your tag number.

I dropped mine off at the post office mailbox inside at 5:30pm, standard mail on Thursday night at the post office on Dobson north of Chandler Blvd. Been doing that for years.

if I do leftovers - always put in local post office drop box Friday before the noon pickup

Mine went in the drop box Friday @ 11am. And nothing so far....2 of my choices still have tags so I guess there's hope!

This is how organized our g&f department is. These bags on the floor are all for the big game super raffle.fyi

post-2501-0-63707300-1469582005_thumb.jpg

Itd be nice if theyd update their system and do it like New Mexico does it. Then everyone would have a level playing field no matter where you lived...... Unless your internet went out.

I called at 9am and nothing, called again at 4 pm and was told I drew my 3rd choice.. My first 2 were hunts that buddy's had. Now I'M alone. My bud has same unit ,later hunt so He will help Me for the weekend. He talked me into this unit ,I never been there. 35A 2nd hunt I got. any tips appreciated. PM's are good. thanks .............BOB!

Never done a leftover before, and thinking about given it a whirl. Do all the leftovers normally get issued in the draw everyone on this post is waiting for, or are there leftovers left after , that you can just go down a purchase.