codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

maybe talkin about the bonus points system in 1-2 allowing the them first chance with highest bonus points for that spieceis and they put in for that hunt #

doesnt anybody read it - there not gonna let the guy handing it over just buy it back first -come first serve immediatly--- bunch of options - if it ever gets to over the counter .

According to rule (R12-4-118), the department has several options for the reissuance of a surrendered hunt permit-tag. The proximity to the start of a particular hunt, the type of hunt permit-tag, and demand for that hunt permit-tag will factor into how it will be reissued.

Upon receipt of an original, unused hunt permit-tag surrendered in compliance with this Section, the Department shall: 1. Restore the persons bonus points that were expended for the surrendered tag, and 2. Award the bonus point the person would have accrued had the person been unsuccessful in the computer draw for the surrendered tag. 3. Not refund any fees the person paid for the surrendered tag, as prohibited under A.R.S. § 17-332(E). F. The Department may, at its sole discretion, re-issue or destroy the surrendered original, unused hunt permit-tag. When re-issuing a tag, the Department may use any of the following methods in no order of preference:

1. Re-issuing the surrendered tag, beginning with the highest membership level in the Departments membership program, to a person who has a valid and active membership in that membership level and who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process;

2. Re-issuing the surrendered tag to a person who has a valid and active membership in any tier of the Departments membership program with a tag surrender option and who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process;

3. Re-issuing the surrendered tag to an eligible person who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process; or

4. Offering the surrendered tag through the first-come, first-served process.

It looks like a staff training on the new program is needed so that all AZGFD personnel are on the same page. Thanks for posting the info.

My next question would be how, who, why, and when is the decision made to use one option over the other.

30A October hunt for me, which was my 3rd choice. oh well I'm just happy to be going, love huntin new country.

Did you call and ask or was it on the portal? Also, did you find out today or yesterday?

What's the corruption program? Oh wait I guess it says membership program. Anyways, what is that

CWT membership program. Gotta be a premier member to get the good stuff ;)

Brian

• Like 3

Just my speculation: The lower level membership is being a portal member. The higher level membership is the $25 annual "I Support Wildlife Membership", which is on the portal home page.

Just Google R12-4-118, click on the first one that pops up (from Jan of this year), go to page 31 and start reading.

I feel bad for my buddy. He had 5 points, and I only had 2. We put in for the Kaibab hunts for our 1st-4th picks, and decided to put 35B in as the 5th choice. We ended up drawing it obviously (there were 101 leftovers), and blew all of his points. But on the up side we're still going hunting.

I feel bad for my buddy. He had 5 points, and I only had 2. We put in for the Kaibab hunts for our 1st-4th picks, and decided to put 35B in as the 5th choice. We ended up drawing it obviously (there were 101 leftovers), and blew all of his points. But on the up side we're still going hunting.

We here this same story every year. Unfortunately not everyone understands how the draw works and that causes a few people to loose a lot of points. This is one of the reasons the point guard was initiated.

• Like 2

ok - on a last ditch effert to go hunting here in az which requires a draw of somekind - my "portal" account shows a pending for a muzzy tag in 33 -

new country for me - i think there is a back rd to the top of lemon - will hope there some water sources in general area / n/e side.

There's no reason for you to feel bad for him. He didn't blow all of his points, he used them. He put in for 5 hunts and he drew one of them. If he didn't want to spend his points on a certain hunt, he should not have included it on the app. Nowhere does it say you have to fill out all 5 choices.

If folks do not understand how the draw works, then all they need to do is read the regulations. All the info is there. If any clarification is needed, a simple phone call or email to G&F, or even a posting on a forum like this one, will usually clear up any issues. Besides, if someone has been putting in long enough to have a lot of points to loose, then they, of all people, should know how the draw operates. There really is no excuse for not understanding the draw when you are sitting on a pile of BP's.

If you read the regulations, there were only 3 requirements for them to create point guard; they could make it work logistically, there was a public interest, and it made them enough money. If you read through the rules concerning the program and look at the placements of each "may" and "shall", you will see that the whole thing is to generate revenue with hardly any checks and balances. Everyone should read the whole thing.

Powell, enjoy your hunt, and I'm sure if you and your friend put as much effort into this hunt as you would have a Kaibab hunt, then neither of you will ever regret being drawn. Make the most out of what you can, and good luck!

• Like 1

just called in today and Virginia Slim informed me. nothing is up on my portal yet.

LOL I know that voice..The first time I heard that voice I was like " WTF " :D
She's one of Marge Simpson's sisters...

"READ THE REGULATIONS" Why would anybody do that when you can ask a expert on the internet? Because you can get more answers on the internet and the web site can make money.