Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Don Martin

PointGuard, good idea or money making scam?

I'm still looking for someone with 15+ points who is holding out for the premium tags to combine with my 7 to help me get my bull tag next year!

Haha...but seriously, anyone....

post-6408-0-37016100-1470150146_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Still waiting to see who and how the returned tags get given back. One of 3 choices?WTF?

Whoring out your points unless its family is wrong. The only way this should work would be family emergency,death,or injury.

Good way to buy some good optics though...hmmm pimp your points for a stx 95 swaro?

It is a money making scam because the money made will be used to enlarge the already bloated bureaucracy at carefree. Don't feed the monster. None of it will go to the people who actually work.

Still waiting to see who and how the returned tags get given back. One of 3 choices?WTF?

Whoring out your points unless its family is wrong. The only way this should work would be family emergency,death,or injury.

Good way to buy some good optics though...hmmm pimp your points for a stx 95 swaro?

"Whoring out your points unless it's family is wrong. The only way it should work would be family emergency, death or injury."

Kinda hypocritical, no? 😉

Curious how many people actually purchased it.

I purchased it and I would have used it if I would have drawn my 3rd choice. The hunt would have been the same time as my daughters hunt but in a different unit.

"Whoring out your points unless it's family is wrong. The only way it should work would be family emergency, death or injury."

Kinda hypocritical, no?

I mean family as in my dad and brother and myself put in together. Not granma jane who doesnt even hunt but has 20 points so the the grandson jimmy can whore off her points. That's BS and totally different than family and friends on the same app. Hope that makes me less of a hypocrite.?

I purchased it and I would have used it if I would have drawn my 3rd choice. The hunt would have been the same time as my daughters hunt but in a different unit.

I only have two deer point, so it wasn't worth it. Now that I'm starting to get up in elk points, I probably will.

I only have two deer point, so it wasn't worth it. Now that I'm starting to get up in elk points, I probably will.

I did for sheep.

Brian

• Like 1

Kinda hypocritical, no?

I mean family as in my dad and brother and myself put in together. Not granma jane who doesnt even hunt but has 20 points so the the grandson jimmy can whore off her points. That's BS and totally different than family and friends on the same app. Hope that makes me less of a hypocrite.?

I guess I don't see it that way....why is it ok to put in with your son or dad and then turn in your tag when they draw their tag of choice, but it's not ok for a guy to get $500 and put in with a stranger so he gets his tag of choice? Both ways you're taking advantage of the system. Just playing devils advocate here.

I used in on my sheep app this year because my health was in question. I would rather the option didn't exist.

I will purchase it from now on for antelope, I have 23 bonus points.

I'll bet an archery hunter might want to put in with you. ;)

Remember, it's a one time deal per species.

Imagine you go in with someone in 2017 and get paid $1000 for it. Then in 2018 you draw your coveted tag and you end up breaking your leg 1 week before the season. You're now SOL.

So when you really need it, you're screwed.

Start trading points for cash and those hunting gods and superstitions will make you pay! :)

• Like 2

I will purchase it from now on for antelope, I have 23 bonus points.

I'll bet an archery hunter might want to put in with you. ;)

I bet you're right.....I would want to if I were one!