CatfishKev

Road Hunting, Still Illegal

Years ago when I read most of the regs the first time I read that road hunting was illegal. Since then I've seen several threads mention road hunters and I've seen where people have asked for tips or suggestions in certain areas and people have responded with road hunting as a suggestion of how to find game. So I thought "huh, road hunting must be legal now...". Nope, just checked the regs. Still illegal. Not sure if people realize this and want to forwarn any of the new hunters or anyone who was just misinformed.

• Like 2

Its sometimes hard to read people online, but when people mention it, I always take it as sarcasm coming from jokers. I dont think many on here seriously employ this tactic.

• Like 1

In New Mexico it is , but You must have an 18 minimum pack of Buweiser with You. At least thats what Iv'e seen in Rifle deer season over there................BOB!

• Like 1

Its sometimes hard to read people online, but when people mention it, I always take it as sarcasm coming from jokers. I dont think many on here seriously employ this tactic.

Thats what I thought at first but I've seen it so many times it made me wonder.

In New Mexico it is , but You must have an 18 minimum pack of Buweiser with You. At least thats what Iv'e seen in Rifle deer season over there................BOB!

you ever seen somebody take a pheasant double out of the driver seat window of a rental car driving through a corn field? i have

• Like 7

If you are a hunter you are always looking for game. You may be glassing, walking or driving. Dont shoot from the road, across the road or from the vehicle and I think your safe.

• Like 2

If you are a hunter you are always looking for game. You may be glassing, walking or driving. Dont shoot from the road, across the road or from the vehicle and I think your safe.

im always looking for game and i dont shoot from the roads if someones watching.

• Like 6

im always looking for game and i dont shoot from the roads if someones watching.

So if you are driving to the spot where you are going to be hunting and see a giant nontypical standing, are you going to let him walk because it's not ethical to harvest him? I will shoot every time.

• Like 7

Sodomy is still illegal in Az as well. So trophyhntr you better quit that s*%t.

• Like 3

So if you are driving to the spot where you are going to be hunting and see a giant nontypical standing, are you going to let him walk because it's not ethical to harvest him? I will shoot every time.

Same here. But I don't drive along at 2 mph with an uncased loaded gun looking for game.

I say shoot it! I sure would.

But I have to say if I had 100 pamphlets indicating that road hunting is illegal, and handed them out to the people that drove by me 3 times or more in less than 30 minutes, I would have run out of them in units 27 and then in 7E... Simply ridiculous.

I was with my buddy driving to a spot over the weekend and saw a buck on a ridge. we pulled over and where looking at him through the binos and a game warden pulls up and starts yelling at us for road hunting and threatened. to give us a ticket for road hunting. He said your are using your vehicle as an advantage and that is illegal. I said so does that mean I have to walk from my house to my hunting spot. he wasn't amused

• Like 6