Tines

130+ 3x3!!!!!!! and another deer....

Mark has a tendency to shoot really big deer. I get lucky once in a while too. I challenge you guys to make it past Marks buck to even see mine. HAHA! I know, it'll be tough. I'm pretty fortunate to have him as a friend and he's no doubt made me a better hunter.

To be a part of this hunt was pretty incredible. 3 years in the making. I was lucky to tag a long and provide whatever help or advice I could from the beginning. Some grueling trips and frustrating moments for the both of us. Much more-so for Mark, of course. No doubt, the toughest deer we've both ever tried to figure out and put our tag around.

It all came together and Mark made a great 529 yard shot. Mark and I have seen our fair share of big bucks but nothing with a frame like this buck. Not even close. Combine that with a giant body, naturally we misjudged him. But that's okay in the end.

Congrats again my friend!

post-500-0-35949100-1477776319_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-55937400-1477776328_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-12292100-1477776344_thumb.jpg

Mark and I headed out after he shot his buck and we managed to turn up this guy a few days later. We watched him for about an hour until I decided to go after him. After a miserably hot mid-day glassing session and waiting for him to poke his head out again, he finally did. I shot this buck at 290yds which literally felt like I was in his lap!! Very happy with my buck and in typical Mark fashion, he hiked straight up the mountain to help me pack him out instead of just wait for me down at the bottom.

My buck surprised us a little too. Long beams, long g3s and 4th point took him to 109+. Forgive the poor pics on my buck. It started raining and I had to snap a few before I got completely drenched.

post-500-0-67043600-1477776707_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-81442900-1477776827_thumb.jpg

Thanks for making it to the end :D :D :D :D

• Like 28

Congrats again To you and Mark!! I still can't get over how big Marks deer is. 130" deer is huge but a 130" typical 3x3 is unreal to hold in your hands! That's definitely what dreams are made of! Congrats again dude!

Wowzer - two amazing bucks. Especially for the early hunt. Those guys don't move around much this time of year. You two definitely know how to hunt the big boys. Great job and huge congrats to you both on some awesome bucks.

Congrats on a great buck and hunt.