Sign in to follow this  
Rumhunter84

Trigger weight ?

What trigger weight do you guys use on your rifles ?

Long range or whatever u have ?

AR ?

2.0 - 3.5 depending.

It's not the WEIGHT, it's the crisp break and creep/travel.

I've had triggers at 8 oz (way too light) and as heavy as 8lbs, all have been able to shoot accurately; as long as you get a clean, crisp break.

• Like 1

We use to run most things right at about 2# now I try to get them closer to 1.5# and that has come with more time behind the trigger, much more than the 2 and it just feels heavy to me. That's on our hunting rifles too.

3 pounds for me on a hunting rifle is where I like it. I had the trigger set to about 4 pounds on my AR but it strikes some commercial ammo too light to ignite the primer.

I am newer to the nice trigger thing. I only own a couple decent timney triggers, and I have left them at the factory setting of about 3 lbs. If I had more experience with nice triggers, maybe I go lighter.

Those are hunting rifles. If I had a target only rifle I would probably work down to something much lighter.

1.5 - 2 pounds. After owning a couple of rifles with nice triggers I can hardly shoot stock rifles anymore, if it's over 4# I don't even bother trying.

• Like 1

1.75---2 lbs

My bolt guns with aftermarket triggers are set at either 1# or 2.5#, depending on if they are set up for shooting paper or critters. The ones with stock triggers are just shy of being as low as I can safely adjust them to. My AR's run anywhere from 1.5#-6#, depending on function of the rifle and what trigger I have in there. My favorite triggers are Jewel (want to try a Timney Calvin Elite) for bolt guns and Hiperfire's for an AR (never an issue with light primer strikes).

8 oz. on a few of the rifles that can go that low with the Timney CE. 1.5# on all others (Timney 510/512 & one Shilen Match). My AR is 3# (CMC).

2 Rem 700's with Jewels at 1.5 lb. 1 Rem 700 with Timmney at 2.5 lb. AR with Timney at 3 lb.