Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Ram oil change

Oh and don't get me started on discount tire guys. Last rotation air pressure was all over the map with 4 different settings and 2 of my chrome stem caps were gone.

On my 05 I take the cover off the air box and intake to out down to the turbo. It is 3 pop clamps and a hose clamp at the turbo. Takes 2 minutes total.

Just don't forget to reconnect the sensor on the air tube or you will get a code.

i always take my truck to walmart for oil change but i remember onece I was at the one in show low and a dude was all pissed that they had put too much oil in his diesel.

If you pay peanuts, you have to work with monkeys. You guys are braver than me, I wouldnt trust walmart to rotate the wheels on a skateboard much less something I'll be driving 80mph in.

• Like 1

My neighbor had a friend take his truck into Walmart for an oil change. They drained the oil and filled the tranny fluid. Needless to say they wrote a check to have it fixed.

Any of you guys with diesels should really look at investing in bypass oil filter systems, and also 2 micron fuel filters. Especially the guy with the chevys that are killing injectors constantly.

Bypass oil filters siphon off a small amount of oil all the time and sends it through a super fine filter to keep your oil cleaner longer. Dirty, sooty oil is the worst thing for motors.

The biggest killer of newer style injectors is dirty fuel. Factory fuel filters dont cut it IMO and adding and aftermarket fuel filters will filter much finer and longer than factory.

I have done DIY systems for both the above on my truck. The set of injectors cost me $3000 and I did the labor myself. I home built a fuel filter setup for $70. Cheap insurance if you ask me.

DIY bypass oil filter kit cost me $130. Well worth it. It can be done cheaper if you are willing to drill and tap your valve cover on your own.

If there is interest in these items let me know. I did small write ups on them and can post them here if need be too.

Harley

So who wants to change my oil in my 2015 dodge outdoorsman in a few months. I will pay for all the oil and throw in a 30 pack and you can pick my brain about 6a if you want.

So who wants to change my oil in my 2015 dodge outdoorsman in a few months. I will pay for all the oil and throw in a 30 pack and you can pick my brain about 6a if you want.

I don't work on other people's vehicles, but you're more than welcome to drive your truck and your 30 pack over here and talk about 6a for a while. I'm a great listener.... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Good info here. I will soon be a Ram diesel owner, for the first time. 2014 SLT. I will be reading a lot of forums. Hopefully it won't be more of a pain than it's worth.

Why the heck would You buy a dodge in the first place..............LOL...............BOB,,,proud Ford owner for 50 years......

• Like 1

Yeah I'm with all you guys I don't let anybody touch my truck but I would not buy my truck again I've already had warranty issues with it burning up a Cat , and ruining DEF System the dealer had it for three weeks . I wish I could go back in time and buy a 5.9 Dodge and just fully rebuild the engine I would be way ahead and have a much better running truck Live you learn I guess .

Diesel trucks are not diesels anymore you're better off buying a gas burner just my two cents .