Flatlander

4B Roll Call

Holy cow! That sucks! Man what happened?

I separated my shoulder snowboarding. On the left side so it's not my draw shoulder. After I meet with an ortho I will know if it requires surgery.

I looked at the crossbow requirements and if not healed I think I would qualify. I would really rather hunt with my bow, but if it's an extended recovery that would be cutting it close, seeing as I don't want to go into the hunt having not touched my bow for 6 months.

We will see what happens.

I separated my shoulder snowboarding. On the left side so it's not my draw shoulder. After I meet with an ortho I will know if it requires surgery.

I looked at the crossbow requirements and if not healed I think I would qualify. I would really rather hunt with my bow, but if it's an extended recovery that would be cutting it close, seeing as I don't want to go into the hunt having not touched my bow for 6 months.

We will see what happens.

Dude I know you haven't hunted elk with your bow in a while but no need to go trying to get a doctor to get you a crossbow permit to get it done ;)

I had a severe grade 3 AC separation from a quad wreck on Mx a few years back. I needed surgery but due to not having INS and the cost could not get it done. It is my draw shoulder, anyway with quite a bit of effort and time I can pull my bow at 70lbs and throw a baseball my only 2 requirements. It still hurts occasionally and some excersises hurt and it has been 6 years. If you let it heal and take it,easy you will be ok in Sept.

This is actually the first time I have ever purchased point guard. Good investment eh?

Eh you're not hunting there anyway so doesn't matter one really big bull was killed there 5 years ago and a few bulls over 360 have ever come out of the unit. Odds have only gotten better in the unit since that bull was killed so maybe some more nice bulls need to come out of there. Post up some 3c or unit 10 bulls so you can get excited about your hunt.

What's all the new found excitement over 4b , and where did it come from all of a sudden. Did they do an air drop bulls into this mediocre unit or something. Nothings changed that i know of, am i missing something? I've spent alot of time in 4b over the years and theres a reason it's one of the easiest units to draw in the state, or at least has been. Theres 370 plus bulls in every unit in the state. 4b might have 3 of them on a good year. This is a 320 bull unit and still is. I must be missing something all of sudden. Lower elk densities on average then most units. What changed??

Flatlander that sucks about your shoulder man, hope its a speedy recovery. I've had many shoulder surgeries and it isnt fun, but with a good surgeon their perfect . It could be a blessing in a way having 10 points and getting 4b though , unless something magical has happened that i dont know about. Speedy recovery to you!!!

• Like 2

Almost forgot about this gem.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/35427-400-4b-bull-down/

Meeting with an ortho Tuesday to discuss my options. Regardless I am confident I will be chasing bulls this September.

My wife and I had that bull under 40 yards twice with no shot... Ran into those guys at the red onion the night they hit him. And herd them start yelling for joy the next day when they found him. Was super excited for those guys. When I talked to them they said they hit a 370 bull.

Almost forgot about this gem.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/35427-400-4b-bull-down/

Meeting with an ortho Tuesday to discuss my options. Regardless I am confident I will be chasing bulls this September.

My wife and I had that bull under 40 yards twice with no shot... Ran into those guys at the red onion the night they hit him. And herd them start yelling for joy the next day when they found him. Was super excited for those guys. When I talked to them they said they hit a 370 bull.

And we got to see the U of A take home a W that night!

• Like 1

What's all the new found excitement over 4b , and where did it come from all of a sudden. Did they do an air drop bulls into this mediocre unit or something. Nothings changed that i know of, am i missing something? I've spent alot of time in 4b over the years and theres a reason it's one of the easiest units to draw in the state, or at least has been. Theres 370 plus bulls in every unit in the state. 4b might have 3 of them on a good year. This is a 320 bull unit and still is. I must be missing something all of sudden. Lower elk densities on average then most units. What changed??

Flatlander that sucks about your shoulder man, hope its a speedy recovery. I've had many shoulder surgeries and it isnt fun, but with a good surgeon their perfect . It could be a blessing in a way having 10 points and getting 4b though , unless something magical has happened that i dont know about. Speedy recovery to you!!!

Flatlander thinks he's being sneaky getting everyone to get excited for 4b like it's some awesome elk unit. He knows he will never apply there and he knows I've hunted it in the past so the more people he gets to put in there it helps his odds in other units and he thinks it's hurting some of us that have hunted it in the past. Problem is noone I know around here who know the unit really well even applied there. It's a unit for guys that just like to get out and hunt or for younger hunters or hunters that don't care how big a bull they kill. Yeah you can get lucky seems like 1 or 2 guys every year kill a 360 bull or something but average bulls being killed there are 300-310"
  • Like 4