biglakejake

'Filmed in AZ' favorites...

Others I can't believe you've missed so far:

The Outlaw Josey Wales

The Postman

National Lampoon's Vacation (can't go to the Grand Canyon without thinking of that)

Sasquatch Mountain

Mars Attacks!

Piranha 3D

3:10 to Yuma (original)

I don't have a favorite, but Easy Rider is up there because so much was filmed in Az.

A few from near my town are

Natural Born Killers

Midnight Run

Another Oliver Stone movie was U Turn, filmed in Superior.

I'm real surprised there are not that many movies filmed here. Most movies that have Az as a location, only have a small part filmed here.

They film some movies that are supposed to be set in the Middle east on the 202 .. It does kind of look like a Saudi Arabia / Dubai Highway highway .....Another good one that came out recently was "Sicario" I think some of that was filmed in AZ ...

They didn't mind closing down some of the 303 to film Transformer 4

i did mention the word 'favorite' didn't i? if some of those are favorite movies i'm skeer'd...really skeer'd. i'll give you bill and ted and transformers and raise u rio bravo, high chaparral and then came bronson.

lee

What about the great Grizzly Adams, with Dan Haggerty, and mad Jack and old #7, used to see Haggerty at the knotty pine in Payson in the 80's. The show and movie was filmed down by the second crossing on the east verdy.

• Like 1

i did mention the word 'favorite' didn't i? if some of those are favorite movies i'm skeer'd...really skeer'd. i'll give you bill and ted and transformers and raise u rio bravo, high chaparral and then came bronson.

lee

I'll see your Death Wish and raise you 'Unbranded.'

i'll cover that. raise flight of the phoenix. done.

lee

lee

I'll see your Death Wish and raise you 'Unbranded.'

Surprised to not see more John Wayne/John Ford films mentioned like 'She wore a Yellow Ribbon', filmed in Monument Valley.

How to forget Rambo III? Specially when my saddle club at Luke AFB was hired on as extras portraying Mujahideen.

Weren't you in one of the first talking movie filmed in Arizona, too, Tim? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, friend. I'll go to time out now!

• Like 1

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man.

Surprised to not see more John Wayne/John Ford films mentioned like 'She wore a Yellow Ribbon', filmed in Monument Valley.

How to forget Rambo III? Specially when my saddle club at Luke AFB was hired on as extras portraying Mujahideen.

Weren't you in one of the first talking movie filmed in Arizona, too, Tim? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, friend. I'll go to time out now!

I only look old.

Back in the day, movies weren't starring Hollyweird lefties and commies.

• Like 2