biglakejake

'Filmed in AZ' favorites...

I thought thats what the whole Campus had was 3 basketball players and the rest Nerds. Then the town Tweekers..............BOB!

• Like 1

wasn't one of the Dirty Harry movies filled in Phoenix, and up and down the 93 between here and Vegas?

Eight Legged Freaks.

Surprised to not see more John Wayne/John Ford films mentioned like 'She wore a Yellow Ribbon', filmed in Monument Valley.

How to forget Rambo III? Specially when my saddle club at Luke AFB was hired on as extras portraying Mujahideen.

• Like 3

wasn't one of the Dirty Harry movies filled in Phoenix, and up and down the 93 between here and Vegas?

Gauntlet?
  • Like 3

That's it. The Gauntlet.

Universal Soldier....in Ash Fork 1992, that little town was lit up every night and all the kids were down watching what they could....sleeping the next day in class!!
Interesting quote from wikipedia about that set in Ash Fork,

"supposedly due to the extremely low purchase price and poor condition of several buildings, including an old motel, which were blown up for cinematic effect.[4] "

And while it was not "filmed" in AZ....the movie Cars does a great depiction of the Ash Fork/Seligman stretch of 66!!!

They blew up the old Trotter track out west of Phoenix in No Code of Conduct. I don't think I ever watched the movie, but I knew they did a big explosion scene there.

Surprised to not see more John Wayne/John Ford films mentioned like 'She wore a Yellow Ribbon', filmed in Monument Valley.

How to forget Rambo III? Specially when my saddle club at Luke AFB was hired on as extras portraying Mujahideen.

I think, Mclintock, and Rio Bravo, where partialy filmed here.

The Wraith lol classic 80's movie!!!

Beat me to it! CLASSIC 80s!

• Like 1