Sea 2'er

3/17 CC Hits?

Another year the tag gods have crapped on me!!! Its very frustrating hearing about guys pulling back to back tags or drawing with 0 to 2 points.

Oh well I will play the dang game next year & hope for the best!!! Good luck to all the lucky tag holders hunt hard & enjoy it!!!!

• Like 2

What are you putting on for and do you think it might be karma from your screen name?

Putting in for early archery. I had a buddy who drew same tag last year with 2 points & it was his 3 choice. How the heck he pulled that off I will never know.

Oh well I'm still hunting this year just have to change states is all. I will change my screen name to ain'tgoinhuntninaz LOL.

Putting in for early archery. I had a buddy who drew same tag last year with 2 points & it was his 3 choice. How the heck he pulled that off I will never know.

Oh well I'm still hunting this year just have to change states is all. I will change my screen name to ain'tgoinhuntninaz LOL.

When I hear stories like that I seriously wonder if the person lost track of which choice they put that hunt or made a mistake and switched two hunt numbers when applying. As far as I understand there are no early archery tags that make it past the 1&2 pass of the draw.

• Like 3

Our card was hit this morning for my son's junior Elk tag. There is still hope for more hits today.

That's awesome Adam. Congratulations to your son. :)

TJ

What is the max points currently for a person to get in the Max point draw pool? Just curious.

When I hear stories like that I seriously wonder if the person lost track of which choice they put that hunt or made a mistake and switched two hunt numbers when applying. As far as I understand there are no early archery tags that make it past the 1&2 pass of the draw.
I hear about this every year but I've never seen anyone with a receipt or anything that could confirm it and when reviewing draw reports I've never seen any evidence of it
  • Like 2

That is what I thought until he showed me his confirmation receipt with his choices, I couldn't believe he drew his 3rd choice!!

I said there was know way he drew early archery 3rd choice & said he made a mistake on his app, but he showed me the proof.

All you have to do is look at the drawing statistics to verify whether or not it's possible. I agree with your summation... while it's possible, it's at the same time inconceivable that it would actually happen.

Even if it did happen for myself I'd probably not admit it publically! ;)

That is what I thought until he showed me his confirmation receipt with his choices, I couldn't believe he drew his 3rd choice!!

I said there was know way he drew early archery 3rd choice & said he made a mistake on his app, but he showed me the proof.

What hunt? If it's a prime unit/hunt where people miss out on tags with their first/second choice then I'd say something went wrong with the stated draw process.

If it's not a popular hunt, then I can see that happening.

I tend to want to believe the story of getting an early elk hunt with a 3rd choice. The reason being is that one year I was awarded two elk tags for the same archery September hunt. Computers sometimes make mistakes.....just like humans I guess! I have also heard the same story at least two other times but never could confirm with documentation.

My assumption has always been data entry error on a paper application. I once drew a tag I never applied for, but my handwriting was misinterpreted.

However it sounds like it was an online app, it could have been a mistake but should have made it to the draw report if it was entered as his third choice. I have never seen that scenario in a draw report.

That being said, I fill out all 5 choices on my app with desirable hunts, just in case the computer makes a mistake in my error.

• Like 1

Two tags. One for sure is Jr. Cow in 3A/3C, which is great. The other is either a Cow in 3A/3C, a Cow in 6A, or a Trophy Bull in 23N .... I am not holding my breath for the Bull even thought I have a LOT of points.

• Like 1

Two tags. One for sure is Jr. Cow in 3A/3C, which is great. The other is either a Cow in 3A/3C, a Cow in 6A, or a Trophy Bull in 23N .... I am not holding my breath for the Bull even thought I have a LOT of points.

You had a lot of points and put in for the cow hunts? I am all about meat hunting but you are more committed than I am.