AZ_SAWBUCK

How to Find ELK in Unit 1?

Well, I finally drew an elk tag! Only put in for Unit 1 early rifle bull, had 2 points so I'm 100% positive I drew that tag! The only time I have been up there was trout fishing a few times. I don't really have time to do any scouting as I'm using most of my vacation going to Country Thunder and Probably a trip to Rocky Point. Planning on using my brothers 30-06. If there is anyone who knows this unit or where a newbie might go on opening morning please send me a PM!

• Like 1

Well, I finally drew an elk tag! Only put in for Unit 1 early rifle bull, had 2 points so I'm 100% positive I drew that tag! The only time I have been up there was trout fishing a few times. I don't really have time to do any scouting as I'm using most of my vacation going to Country Thunder and Probably a trip to Rocky Point. Planning on using my brothers 30-06. If there is anyone who knows this unit or where a newbie might go on opening morning please send me a PM!

303d2md.gif

• Like 4

The guy is just asking for a little help. That's what this site is for right? Hunters helping hunters.

I've never been there but I recommend sending some PM's to Biglakejake, Alpinebullwinkle and maybe .270 (Lark) if you can get in touch with him, he might even loan you a 7mm-08.

Congrats on your good luck I am sure you are very deserving.

• Like 3

The guy is just asking for a little help. That's what this site is for right? Hunters helping hunters.

I've never been there but I recommend sending some PM's to Biglakejake, Alpinebullwinkle and maybe .270 (Lark) if you can get in touch with him, he might even loan you a 7mm-08.

Congrats on your good luck I am sure you are very deserving.

Who are you and what have you done with Flatlander?????????????? lol

Great post BTW. This truly IS what this site SHOULD be about.

OP - I would help if I knew anything about unit 1. I do know a guy that knows a guy though.....

• Like 1

Country thunder more important than a early rifle elk hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!🤔
  • Like 1

Early rifle bull in unit !?????????!!! Country thunder can wait, might take you another 10 years to get that tag again

• Like 1

Early rifle bull in unit !?????????!!! Country thunder can wait, might take you another 10 years to get that tag again

Or 20
  • Like 1