Sign in to follow this  
ctracingraptor

Wedding photographer & DJ

I'm getting married at the end of this year, the fiancé would like a larger outdoor venue, she has crunched the numbers and has show me the spreadsheet. Two things that seems overpriced to me are a DJ and a photographer, I won't knock on a person of their trade but I'm sorry I just don't get it, the amount of money they want for 5-6 hours of works is absurd. So if anyone knows anyone in those lines of work that's looking for some work, please let me know. I'm also still shopping around for rentals on tables, chairs, porta potties, heaters, pretty much everything, still looking for a cake person as well. Anyone have any help I would greatly appreciate it.

Just a word of thought about those 2 things. A DJ can make or break your reception. A good one will help you put on a party your family won't forget, a bad one will have people headed for the doors early trying to GTFO.

Same with pictures. Those are the memories you will have forever, long after the wedding is over. Get a good one.

I am not saying overpay, but don't be cheap. Get good ones.

You can ask anyone who was at my wedding almost 10 years ago how it was and they will tell you it was a great time. Alot of that was good preparation, but a bad DJ would have killed the whole experience.

I agree with both of statements, I've been to weddings that have had a bad DJ and those getting married still talk bad about it to this day. Same goes with a photographer, I've seen some very upset women afterwards.

photography is a skill that is not learned over night. it takes years to learn. part of what you are paying for is all the time spent prior to your event learning their skill. also, your photographer will spend many hours after your event going through and editing the hundreds of pictures that were taken. Just dont forget the old yet accurate saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Life"

• Like 1

My wide and I found fantastic and affordable DJ and photog in the Phoenix area.

The photog was SJA photography. I don't recall the DJ's name. I'll update of my wife does.

I'm in the middle of planning a wedding with my fiancé right now as well. I'm more on the elope and buy a truck fence but I know that isn't going to fly. It is crazy how much a venue gets for a wedding so we are most likely doing a back yard wedding in cave creek at an uncles house.

You may want to look into Ryan with Ingram Entertainment for a DJ. I've been to a couple of his weddings and he does a good job.

Kim Thomas Cakes for cake. I don't know as much about her but she will be doing our cake. My fiancé has known her for years is how we found her.

I don't have contact info for them with me right now but if you have trouble finding them let me know and I can get it for you if you're interested.

• Like 1

FYI I would go with the best you can and forget about the price. Not something you want to go cheap on.

• Like 1

We skimped on the photos and spent extra on the band. Like others mentioned here our friends and family still talk about how much fun they had 20+ years ago.

We were only able to get one decent photo! Yeah just one. It sucks. I really regret not putting more money into the photographer.

Give Jacqueline a call, Moments in Film (in Mesa): (602)550-2574. Talented and reasonable (had her take pics at wedding several years back) ...

We just went thru this with my daughters wedding and let tell you a good DJ makes all the difference. We went with Gabriel Browne of downtown Browne productions. His Phx number is 480-382-7769. He made the wedding go extremely smooth and took so much of the stress off it was amazing.

Forum member Josh kirchner's(dialed in hunter) wife is a wedding photographer. PMA photography is the name of her business. Google it and it'll bring up her contact info.

• Like 3