Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Marriage Retreat this weekend

Grandpa told me 2 things about marriage, 1st its a partnership not an ownership. 2nd marriage is like a car, if you don't maintenance it it will break down. Smart man, know that I'm in my second marriage of 23 yrs to a great and patient woman. Go and have fun with your best friend and wife. We really are on your side..

Two kids and married 16 yrs to my 1st wife whom I met in college. I'm happily married and would marry her all over again if i could. And it's sad in this day and age when a faith based group puts together a marriage weekend and tries to better this country and family values and skeptics think it's to line the pockets of the organizers. No wonder your marriages didn't work.

• Like 4

No marriage class needed for me. 25 years with her and all is good.

• Like 1

Flatlander, I made 35 years ,1 wife ,Where do You Stand......LOL. Yes and don't take serious anything I say after midnight!!!!........BOB!

• Like 1

Curtis ,You are not even half way to how long I was married. so don't brag yet, shoot happens Buddy. I got a couple bad breaks in like and things can go wrong. I pray for You all that got a good woman it does last.Just My OP. about churches, most are Bullshit .We all have our own opinion. Mine doesn't match Your, no big deal......BOB!

probably should not take advice from anyone after midnight. Bahaha. That is funny.

Bob, truth is that after Katrina, a survey was done asking which organizations provided the most assistance. Results were:

1) The Mormons

2) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

That is pretty impressive to me.

• Like 2

As soon as my wife gets in from repaving the driveway I'll ask her if we can go.

A 'Weekend to Remember' would not include my wife.

I missunderstood. I thought i could retreat from my wife!

lmfao you guys kill me.

if i had a wife id totally be there, sounds like an absolute blast. but i dont, so ill have to settle for going to the river and looking at titties all weekend

Can I go?

probably should not take advice from anyone after midnight. Bahaha. That is funny.

Bob, truth is that after Katrina, a survey was done asking which organizations provided the most assistance. Results were:

1) The Mormons

Are 1 and 2 not the same?

• Like 2

1) The Mormons

You mean it wasn't the Clinton Foundation?

• Like 2

I beleive that Big Orange. Awesome. Cause You know the Gov. Didn't. By the way i got nothing against the Mormons. I have friends and hunter partner that are.....BOB

1) The Mormons

Are 1 and 2 not the same?

Yup.....the same!!!

Churches and marriage......both way out there at like......2000 yards, I'll go ahead and sneak up and get closer and some will shoot from a long distance....to each their own.......I do love hunting and fishing with my wife and some of my most spiritual experiences have not been in a church....which I do attend regularly.

And my church donation makes it easy to tell all other door bangers that I already contribute to a reliable non-profit organization! #1 and #2 :)

Digging that grave for my father in law along side my son was pretty spiritual experience as was building his casket....neither happened in a church!!! Lots of great church experiences outside the walls of a building!

Hope you had a great time at the retreat.......can't knock somebody trying to make life better!!!

• Like 1

But I'm sure the Clinton foundation some how claimed it.......BOB!

1) The Mormons

Source?

• Like 1

I beleive that Big Orange. Awesome. Cause You know the Gov. Didn't. By the way i got nothing against the Mormons. I have friends and hunter partner that are.....BOB

I was honestly asking if there was a difference between 1 and 2 in the list. Or maybe that was survey responses where folks put one or the other.

I was in Biloxi and surrounding areas for several weeks after Katrina...saw a lot of government resources as well as churches and private and non-profit organizations working hard together.

Two kids and married 16 yrs to my 1st wife whom I met in college. I'm happily married and would marry her all over again if i could. And it's sad in this day and age when a faith based group puts together a marriage weekend and tries to better this country and family values and skeptics think it's to line the pockets of the organizers. No wonder your marriages didn't work.

"1st" wife???

Already planning on number 2? lol

• Like 1