Sign in to follow this  
IA Born

Fishing Outfit Rant

Hey I was so off my mind set I just realized we had reservations booked and paid for for horse camp in Prescott, we had 2 nights rodeo tickets also. And we were booted by that fire as well.

I donated the rodeo tickets to friends of friends and e got a refund on the horse camp. Minus 10.00 dollar booking fee.

This trip was planned 4 months ago and there were several horse trailers going, still bummed about not going, now I'm more bummed your kids didn't get to enjoy camp. Dang that fire.

• Like 1

Dang that fire.

Best reply all day!

And sorry your horse camp and rodeo didn't work out. Suckiness all around on this one.

I had friends working on the fire's incident management team calling/texting me Wednesday morning, telling me (insert your own expletives) "Hurry the ##@% up, quit ##@$@#$ around, and get your kids out of camp NOW!" or words along those lines.

• Like 2

what is the water flow at the San Juan right now? I thought most of the Rocky Mtn streams were running very, very high due to increased snow pack. It is possible your fishing would have totally been a bust and that all of this might have actually saved you money (minus of course quality alone time with the spouse but the SJ is not actually a very scenic river to fish).

what is the water flow at the San Juan right now? I thought most of the Rocky Mtn streams were running very, very high due to increased snow pack. It is possible your fishing would have totally been a bust and that all of this might have actually saved you money (minus of course quality alone time with the spouse but the SJ is not actually a very scenic river to fish).

It was pushing 2K a week ago but was supposed to be lowered to 500 by yesterday.

I have a good friend who is an Outfitter for Coues hunts in Sonora Mexico and he was financially hurt a week or two ago when he had to refund $10,000 on deposits for hunts because the hunters decided to go with someone else...

Feel bad for you IA Born and Phil...it sucks when bad things happen to good people.

• Like 1

I have a good friend who is an Outfitter for Coues hunts in Sonora Mexico and he was financially hurt a week or two ago when he had to refund $10,000 on deposits for hunts because the hunters decided to go with someone else...

Feel bad for you IA Born and Phil...it sucks when bad things happen to good people.

Why would he refund deposits if they had no other reason beyond deciding to go with someone else?

• Like 4

im no lawyer and im starting to sound very redundant, but i dont think the business is entitled to even your deposit if at the end if theres no goods or services exchanged. unless you signed something that said it was a non refundable deposit. at least thats how i was taught in the car business.

not that i even think thats right, the business has bills to pay too

No goods or services have to be exchanged for it to be a valid charge. The policy of 'non-refundable deposit' in business has been around a LONG time. Plus, in the internet age, the act of actually signing something has taken on a whole new meaning as well.... Willingly giving your card number knowing that there is a non-refundable deposit policy, I think would pretty much qualify it as a valid charge.

S.

• Like 2

I'm totally scratching my head at the idea of giving up $10,000 in deposits so someone could go with another outfitter. If I had made other plans and wanted to go with another outfit, I'd have no room to complain about anything, especially if there was a non-refundable deposit I (and I get and understand non-refundable deposit). But then, I wouldn't put myself in a situation where I decided to go with someone else after booking a trip, unless there were crazy circumstances like one of the guides/owners was a murderer/rapist/pedophile, etc. But then, I've learned lessons about doing homework and research about references over the years.

In the end, lawyer or not, I have no desire to go that route. I posted up my case and view and asked for honest input. Whether or not they were the answers I wanted, they almost all ended up being the answers I needed. I've had a private discussion with a man I highly respect and, throughout it all, I've found the peace I wanted and needed. I played my cards, the chips will fall where they will, and God will ultimately handle this for me. My kids are safe and back at camp as of Monday morning having a blast. Though I'm not a firefighter anymore, I have many good friends still working who will always watch out for me and my family because they know I will do the same for them. I have no regrets and appreciate all of the input and insight (especially you, Phil!). On top of all that, it rained in Flagstaff today!

May God bless each and every one of you and your families.

• Like 3

No goods or services have to be exchanged for it to be a valid charge.

how? i dont think that would stand up in court. maybe youre a lawyer.

I'm totally scratching my head at the idea of giving up $10,000 in deposits so someone could go with another outfitter. If I had made other plans and wanted to go with another outfit, I'd have no room to complain about anything, especially if there was a non-refundable deposit I (and I get and understand non-refundable deposit). But then, I wouldn't put myself in a situation where I decided to go with someone else after booking a trip, unless there were crazy circumstances like one of the guides/owners was a murderer/rapist/pedophile, etc. But then, I've learned lessons about doing homework and research about references over the years.

In the end, lawyer or not, I have no desire to go that route. I posted up my case and view and asked for honest input. Whether or not they were the answers I wanted, they almost all ended up being the answers I needed. I've had a private discussion with a man I highly respect and, throughout it all, I've found the peace I wanted and needed. I played my cards, the chips will fall where they will, and God will ultimately handle this for me. My kids are safe and back at camp as of Monday morning having a blast. Though I'm not a firefighter anymore, I have many good friends still working who will always watch out for me and my family because they know I will do the same for them. I have no regrets and appreciate all of the input and insight (especially you, Phil!). On top of all that, it rained in Flagstaff today!

May God bless each and every one of you and your families.

You are the man Brian. Hard days come and go but families and good friends (with the help from the man upstairs) are there to get us through.

• Like 1

Why would he refund deposits if they had no other reason beyond deciding to go with someone else?

When he told me that the other day I didn't want to ask questions. Why he refunded the money ( I don't know his policy) who they were etc. I just listened to him and I felt bad for him.

• Like 1

Not trying to be argumentative IA but what gets me about your argument was that it sounds like they were willing to let you re-schedule but you couldn't make it back until October. I think if you really wanted to make a re-schedule happen than you have to give up tae-kwon-do or soccer or something soon so that they know you mean business about trying to make it work. Sorry but if somebody told me they couldn't re-schedule for 3 months I would be thinking to myself that they don't really care about the trip