Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

Ethical???

National forest , no one owns it, don't think I would set up on someone's salt, but doesn't mean you can't, tree stands left in the forest I cut them done , don't want a kid to find it and get hurt. Leaving a note is fine but property destruction is just BS. Anyone who does it is a looser. First come first serve..... I would leave him a note and see if he has the balls to get back to you, but most thieves are looser and don't have any balls, If anyone reading this has done anything like this is a F'ing LOOSER......... and if you have a problem with that let me no, I bet there are alot of lawabiding hunters here that would love to talk to you also. More then my opinion..

Every time I put out a cam I know I might not see it again due to it's on public land. I also insert a fake jpg picture of a cheeta and a kinda note telling them to eff off for stealing someone else's property. in your case I would move onto another area and make it your "own spot"

• Like 2

So what's everyone's thoughts on SD cards? If you place cams do you lock the SD cards? If you come across a cam with an accessible SD card, doyou look at it?

NO!! My mother always said if its not yours don't touch it.

• Like 1

NO!! My mother always said if its not yours don't touch it.

Thats gotta depend on what your wanting to touch. With a name like wildwoody you have to be guilty.

• Like 3

So what's everyone's thoughts on SD cards? If you place cams do you lock the SD cards? If you come across a cam with an accessible SD card, doyou look at it?

Never thought about locking my cards but I learned about 5 years ago to always use a blank SD card. I was stupid and stuck an SD card in that had pictures of some kill photos from successful hunts. Of course it was stolen in 6 days. That's what I get for hanging it on water. Pretty much gave up on trail cameras after that but I did hang one up again this year.

I have hung my hat over a few.

Wait what?

Yes, while im headed to check my own. They dont need pics of my direction. I try and hide mine a little better than most.
  • Like 2

Found a few cameras last year in 21 , They had either just set it up or just checked it and had left their cable lock sitting on the ground . I put it on top of the lock box and walked away. A few weeks later the camera was about 100 yards away and 8 ft in the air locked up . Pulled my cameras and mover to a different area.

Of course you check the card!... just put the SD card back in after. No real harm in that.

• Like 1