Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

Ethical???

Yes straight shot. Where is that guy

He's in his basement watching Boondock Saints in his underwear, patiently waiting for this thread

• Like 3

I set my first salt up last year, and I've got to thank all the good people out there that have walked past looked around and not messed with the cameras. I know I won't be lucky for ever but that's why there are more than one. I thought I was far enough out to not worry about it but you never are! The day I have someone screw with it we will make um famous!!

• Like 1

I don't run many cams but I have never had another person show up on the ones I put out.

• Like 2

I find old salt licks very frequently. Many that are abandoned, but agree it is difficult to determine if truly abandoned unless checked routinely year after year. I realize most hunters are not residents of the area (like me) so salting becomes seasonal on their part. Having said that, I would never mess with another persons property (camera or stands). Too much real estate in the national forest for confrontation on such enjoyable activities in the forest. Call me old school I guess. Admittedly once or twice when I am surprised by my picture being taken by a well hidden camera I will leave a rock on top of the camera to let the owner know I realize I had my picture taken by surprise and was obviously in the remote area.

Lots of good comments on this subject which I also endorse. Sure wish morals in the forest were like they were 30+ years ago!

• Like 4

set up on non working camera and a well hidden 2nd camera - pointed at the first

nice to know who thinks they own the forests and can just damage others property

cuz you can bet he'll return and be super pissed to find another camera

they even come on posted private property and steal the cameras

• Like 1

I don't get mad, I get even. Numerous ways to do that. I would leave a camera farther back the trail to catch them coming in and out. Then you know who the are.

I don't think you did anything wrong. Anybody trying to claim an area on public ground can only do it by first come first served when hunting.

• Like 3

Or run a a couple well hidden cams to get pics of the POS and blast his face all over the internet? Wow some people are idiots

Yes do this!!! People that do that crap need to be exposed.

I may not like Trail cams ... Definitely do not like those who whine, knowing how things have been for decades on public lands. The only thing I seen in your post that is unethical is a person thinking they can stake claim to a hunting spot. I get a lot of schit because I do not sympathize with cam owners when they lose them... but I do not sympathize with pricks who think they own the land either.

• Like 1

Yes straight shot. Where is that guy

He's in his basement watching Boondock Saints in his underwear, patiently waiting for this thread

Sorry was out fishing this morning.... and trust me I hate seeing these kinds of threads. However, these kinds of threads are not new and are a constant reminder of how many pricks are out running around the forest. Sorry you get offended on the way I was brought up to hunt and respect our lands.

The internet and everyone trying to up one on size is a big part of the problem 30 years ago it was only usually that one or two crazy guides you may run into... now it is armies of trophy hunters looking for online praise and approval.

I don't get mad, I get even. Numerous ways to do that. I would leave a camera farther back the trail to catch them coming in and out. Then you know who the are.

I don't think you did anything wrong. Anybody trying to claim an area on public ground can only do it by first come first served when hunting.

I strive to be this petty 😂 I'm storing all these bleach and lion piss ideas in my head

Literally just got back from checking a salt lick that my camera was stolen off of. Would it be bad to build a camera that shoots something at whoever opens it if they don't unlock it a certain way? Pepper spray? .22 round?

I'm considering trying to buy or collect as many broken cameras I can get my hands on, setting them up on every water source in 6a with a working camera placed within range and putting some locals on blast for stealing stuff that isn't theirs.

• Like 1