Sign in to follow this  
AZ420

Auction/Raffle Tags

You might have learned from it but honestly it is your willingness to joke about it that rubs me wrong. You do help others and all that and I really hope you have stopped and are not doing it anymore, You have the same choice as any of us to post or not post. You elected to take the bait in this thread and return shots at those guy's. If you have really learned, be the bigger person and don't take the bait. They will eventually stop when you stop biting.

What? That's some backwards logic.

• Like 2

i actually think most dont care about blake and the camera thing since its only the same 3 guys bringing it up every single time. in fact you brought up and started this camera talk about blake in the unit 23 thread. just let it go brah.

Did I though?

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/70950-elk-guide-unit-23-archery/page-4

post #53.

Gave the guy a little props for once and this is the thanks I get.

😀

Let's blame and focus on the "fish" that got baited and not the person baiting perfectly fair logic

• Like 4

Here's my final say on this whole subject. First, whether you believe me or not I've learned my lesson regarding cameras. Whether it has a 400 inch bull on it or just to take it just because is never right. I knew that before I took the cam and know that even more now. I let the desire to find a big elk overcome what I know is wrong. And I paid the price. I'm fine with that. I was taught growing up you pay for what you so wrong. And that's how it should be. So having said that that doesn't mean it's right for other guys to continuesly brand that guy as a horrible terrible no good person because of one thing they did. Yes they have the right to do so but does that make them any better than the guy that took a camera? You can decide that.

I have the emails, text messages, $500 court fine, and apology letter for anyone that would like to see them if they don't believe I tried everything in my power to make it right.

The main issue I'm having with this whole situation isn't the fact guys are upset I took a camera. That's fine. Hate me all you want. But the issue is the hypocrisy of nearly every person here that easily forgets the things they have done wrong in the past. Some of these guys would never imagine stealing something, and that's great. I commend them for that. But they forget about the time they cheated, lied, sped, or broke whatever hunting or other law there is to break. They like to forget about what they did wrong and it's easy to attack the guy in the public eye that stole a camera. That's natural of someone to look past what they have done and attack the guy that is being talked about.

I'm 100% comfortable with how I've taken care of the situation. It's simply the hypocrisy of others that keep bringing it up that gets me going again. Yeah I should probably ignore it but it's tough for me to let things go when guys are adding to the story or claiming I'm still out there doing that stuff. It's your choice to believe me or not but when I respond to this stuff it's almost always to defend myself against someone bringing it up.

Once again I'm not gonna act any different towards guys on this site if they ever want some help on a hunt and if guys choose to not associate themselves with me that's fine. That's a consequence of my actions and I accept that. Just don't come on here acting holier than thou perfect when there are a lot worse things guys here do than take a camera.(Not saying me taking a camera was just a little thing but in regards to how severe one wrong thing is compared to other wrong things) I get some guys can't stand a thief but yet they will give a different guy a pass that got a DUI last week.

I'm willing to help nearly everyone that asks for help whether they are straight shooters or poachers. I don't care. Me helping others on their hunts from this site doesn't make what I did ok but I'm not going to stop interacting with guys on the site because a few guys can't get over the fact I stole a camera. Yeah a lot of my opinions and things I say on here upset people but I'm simply speaking my mind. Some guys don't like that and some don't care. Whatever. Bottom line is don't be a hypocrite.

• Like 4

Bad integrity is tough to overcome.It sounds as if you have tried but social media is resentless. Happy Hunting.

I would say I am one of the top Blake Owens trollers on this site, and I will tell you why.

1. I find it amusing when you get all up in arms trying to defend yourself.

2. It irritates me that you can't ever just say that you stole the dam camera and it was a shitty thing to do and it was wrong. It's always some long winded post like above about how you did it and it was wrong BUT everyone makes mistakes and it wasn't as bad as what Jed or Ned or Ted or some other jack wagon did.

3. Poking fun at the stupid crap we do is what guys do when sitting around a campfire or in a locker room or on a golf course. Anyone remember the dinky antelope I shot by mistake in WY? You think my buddies let me hear about that sometimes?

I will give it a rest, as I think the joke is worn out. Maybe it's time to move on. Maybe he will do the same and get over bashing A3 every chance he gets.

• Like 3

Blah...blah....blah blah blah.

Great elk, lucky guy for taking it. I am envious. Get my blood pumping. Way to clutter up a thread about a great bull.

• Like 4

Having been responsible for several large velvet bulls hitting the ground I can tell you they don't loose close to 30/45 inches. In close to 25 yrs of doing this the most I have ever seen lost is apx 11 inches. That bull will finish well over 400 inches.....

Show me a score sheet on any of these velvet gov/raffle tag bulls from an official P&Y measurer (because they measure velvet antlers, or strip it and get it to an official B&C measurer) after 60 days of drying at room temperature and I will stand corrected. Until then I will remain a skeptic.

I am not arguing that it is an incredible bull. It is amazing how these animals can grow such a large set of antlers in the wild in just a few months. Hopefully the growth here in NM is good this year.

The bulls I saw going to Reserve the other night had good antler growth this year. The 6x6 going from Unit 15 to 16E was really nice. It was after dark but he was in the middle of the road with about 8 cows. Luckily he and some cows went left and some cows went right and I was like a bowling ball going right through a 7-10 split. Tons of elk from Aragon to Cruzville.

• Like 1

The bs in this topic is one of the reasons I quit guiding. Dang drama. Haters come from every angle.

I believe there was an elk pic somewhere in this topic, nice bull.

• Like 1

All the side track arguing is hard to swallow when you just wanted to see a beautiful animal that was taken by a hunter with a guide. Nice job to all involved!!

Great bull! Hats off to everyone who was involved. Why do guys care what it scores? Maybe the hunter was happy with the look of the bull and it wasn't so much about score. Giant bull regardless.