Sign in to follow this  
CJNAZ

What BBQ grill in your camp?

Looking to upgrade my camp cooking gear and looking for your input.

Does anybody use a Weber Q2000 or Q2200? Kind of pricey so I thought I'd check on here to see if there are any experienced users that have/had one.

CJ

I like the versatility of the Camp Chef stove. I use their Professional Grill Box for grilling. Just take off the grill box and you've got high BTU burners for dutch ovens, or put on the flat top griddle for a big frying surface.

I've had good luck finding some good deals on these components on craigslist.

• Like 2

I like the versatility of the Camp Chef stove. I use their Professional Grill Box for grilling. Just take off the grill box and you've got high BTU burners for dutch ovens, or put on the flat top griddle for a big frying surface.

I've had good luck finding some good deals on these components on craigslist.

This right here. 2 burner with the small grilling box is plenty big enough. Ive easily cooked for 4-5 people.

• Like 1

Camp Chef. Wish I would have bought the grill box with the hinges on it.

+100 have the grill box with removal top and my buddy has the hinged one. Hinged is much better.
  • Like 1

Friend has one of the portable Traegers and loves it...drawback is you need a generator to run it. I like the camp chef propane setup myself plus the grill box.

camp chef 3 burner with the grill box and griddle. Grill box makes some yummy steaks.

• Like 3

In high school I made a grill out of 1x1 square tubing for the frame and 1/4" stainless rod for the grate. When camping open fire coals or briquets on the ground is all I do. I do have a propane stove for coffee, eggs, stews, etc. .

• Like 2

Camp chef with 2 sided griddle flat onside ribs on the other works perfect for bbq, even gives the grill marks.

Camp Chef. Wish I would have bought the grill box with the hinges on it.

+100 have the grill box with removal top and my buddy has the hinged one. Hinged is much better.

I totally agree- the hinged is some much better. a 3 burner with large hinge lid would be the ultimate