nateNAU

Coyote and big bobcat

With the big game hunts winding down I have begun to shift gears in yo predator hunting and trapping. Was able to shoot a young dog last weekend with my 204 savage. I set my trap line about two weeks ago and it has been very in eventful until today. On the last trap I had this monster bobcat. This is a location that pretty consistently produces at least one cat a year. It was so big I didn't even worry about sexing it and wasn't until I was skinning it that I realized it was a female. By far the biggest female I've ever seen.

post-3397-0-88783100-1513494527_thumb.jpg

post-3397-0-07732400-1513494591_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Awesome, big a$$ cat. Congrats. Would love to see a couple more pics of that cat.

I am bad about taking pics and its kind of hard by myself, setting my phone in the rocks and setting a timer. But here are a couple more

post-3397-0-79844100-1513841590_thumb.jpg

post-3397-0-35401900-1513841682_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Wow - giant cat. I've only seen one like that many years ago up by Sunrise Lake - thought it was a lynx (just moved here). Nice job and thanks for the pix.

one big Bob

I am bad about taking pics and its kind of hard by myself, setting my phone in the rocks and setting a timer. But here are a couple more

Awesome kitty!

Most phones will take a picture whey you say Cheese or Smile when the camera is on... Much easier than a timer.

I have camtrip, briarpatch and a whole bunch of homemade traps that I've picked up over the years. My personal preference is the camtrip cages. Sturdy, light weight and simple.