bonecollector777

Regs are out

What are the odds for unit 1 early muzzleloader with 18 points?

I don't have unit 1 muzzleloader odds since last year was 27. But looking at 2016 19 points guaranteed you a tag if it was first choice. I'd imagine it's probably 20 or so now for guaranteed. A lot more people apply for the unit 1 tag than 27 so can't really compare the odds.

6A bull elk late rifle resident 1 bonus point

5B bull elk late rifle resident 1 bonus point

6A bull elk late rifle resident 1 bonus point

5B bull elk late rifle resident 1 bonus point

6a-6.3%

5b-8.4%

Thank you!

I'm curious to know what odds report applications you are using? I subscribe www.hunterstrailhead.com and I get different numbers. For example, I get odds of 15.2% for a resident with 8 points applying for unit 7W early archery. 9 of the 35 tags available in the 20% pass went to NR's so that really left 26 available for residents. The website now separates resident draw odds from NR odds. They just started this and it is kind of interesting because you see some NR's are blowing big time bonus points on what I would consider middle of the road type units. In virtually every unit I look at odds for NR's are much different than residents. Looks like lots of NR's have decided to bail on holding out for a "primo" unit since they went to 5&5 rule is my guess. No matter....... interesting stuff to look at as you can see patterns and make better informed decisions when applying.

I'm guessing unit 7w odds will be substantially different this year as it is the only early archery that starts a week later due to early muzzy the week before. I think 10 points is a minimum to get in on the 20% pass for residents this year.

Good luck in the draw to all that apply.