Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Thinking of moving

My youngest graduates in 3 years. I hate the valley. We were thinking about Show Low area, but I'm open to other places. We have kicked around Idaho, Montana, and maybe even Texas. Work isn't an issue as I work from home 1/2 of the time and travel North America the rest. The only hitch is being somewhat close to an airport.

My question is, if you could move anywhere in the US, where would you go, and why?

• Like 1

Greer, quite and lots of good fishing/huntin

• Like 3

I've spent lots of time in Montana. Great hunting and fishing, but sucky winters. There is a trade off, because of the amazing summer and fall. Bozeman has an airport, but real estate prices have escalated significantly over the years. Who knows, I may move back there someday.

We're actually planning on moving there next summer. We thought about Young but the kids don't want to go quite that rural. When we move I'll be expecting you and wildwoody to show me around.

• Like 2

Payson is great..

Payson sucks. You would hate it.

Payson will go to the dogs if the town planners get their way.

Ive always wondered about northern New Mexico, Montana, or Wyoming.

• Like 2

Id look at Oklahoma or Arkansas. Close to Rocky Mountain states, still have 4 seasons, and cost of living.

You cant be serious. Oklahoma?

Id look at Oklahoma or Arkansas. Close to Rocky Mountain states, still have 4 seasons, and cost of living.

Tornado alley.

theres some nice quite places there. Why not?
East end of the state is really nice. We lived in Tahlequah for a couple of years. Lots of rivers and lakes and green...big farm fed whitetails too.

Montana is my choice if we every move due to fishing and hunting but it would be the east side. Wife loves Montana BUT she is scared to death of grizzly bears I have no idea why. maybe cause the last time there she had to run out and take a piss and when she came back there was big grizzley tracks on the path.

here in az it would be chino maybe williams. I never been east of heber in the 35+ years I lived here heard its nice in the white mountains