Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Thinking of moving

Saw an article that states Montana has the most Nuclear missles, at 440. The most of any state. I always thought it would be a good state to live if crap ever hit the fan. Maybe not.lol

Seems like that would be worst place to be since that's where they'd target to get our missles.

I think they would target major metro areas not missile silos. Besides ours would already be in the air, hopefully aimed at California.

Watching 440 ICBM's being launched, would be an amazing sight. Probably one of the last things we would ever see.

• Like 1

I'm born and raised in AZ and seriously love this place and allow the unique hunting opportunities. I used to never imagine leaving but more and more as I drive around the valley, the traffic and amount of people in general has worn on me. Plus the growing amount of people from out of state and things like this attempted lion and bobcat ban have really started me questioning leaving. Problem is I'm still trying to figure out where to go more rural and still have job opportunities.

It's all screwed already everywhere else. This was the stronghold.

I left Arizona 20 years ago & miss it everyday. I might have a job opportunity that will put me in the Flagstaff area & all goes well with the offer

we'll be heading there in the next couple of months. I would love to live in Arizona again as I have missed it everyday since I left!!!

• Like 4

I don't think I could ever leave Arizona. Everywhere I went in military I just dreamed of home. I took every military friend that I brought to Phoenix camping and shooting and they all fell in love with Az, they all said same thing "I thought it was all sand and cactus in Az".

I also Hate the valley but only for HEAT reasons. I wouldn't mind my place here from Nov-March :)

That being said: Pine, Strawberry, Show Low, around Flag maybe to East some nice properties or Munds Park if you can deal with the weekenders. Prescott Valley, Camp Verde nice but still they get toasty. Heck I like it down South in few places and would like it even more once that big shade wall is built. Buddy of mine down South Benson area sends those nice friendly pictures of his trucks dashboard with temps registering 20 degrees lower than phx or even way more like 40deg sometimes. Its cooler almost everywhere else in the U.S.

Personally I'm scared of Lyme disease so that rules out a bunch of states that just have way too high of risk! :]

Also background I am a Native Phoenician of 45 years. I grew up at 40th street and bell rd. We used to ride horses to cave creek and bell pizza hut and tie up to hitching post that was in parking lot. We used to strap shotguns to 3 wheelers and cross bell rd and start hinting. Its hard to hear those words my dad use to say rattle in my head "Son enjoy this now because it will all be gone someday" 😢 I do miss the old school phx the heat was more bearable when the city wasn't as busy.

Mike

• Like 1

I'm born and raised in AZ and seriously love this place and allow the unique hunting opportunities. I used to never imagine leaving but more and more as I drive around the valley, the traffic and amount of people in general has worn on me. Plus the growing amount of people from out of state and things like this attempted lion and bobcat ban have really started me questioning leaving. Problem is I'm still trying to figure out where to go more rural and still have job opportunities.

This describes my feelings about the situation here exactly. My family's AZ roots go back over 130 years and there's so much I love about this place, despite the growing pains here.

• Like 1

Pros and cons speaking as a Show Low Resident

Pros

Hunting within minutes

Fishing better than average

traffic issues nothing like the valley

overall very friendly people

Cons

No good places to eat (lame steak place, mexican fast food, weak chinese, pizza and thats it)

Minimal urban activities to do

public servants incredible self righteous

Limited shopping capabilities cause artificially high prices at the grocery store

bad cell service (especially on holidays and summer weekends)

3 hours to anywhere (everywhere you go is at least three hours away)

very clickish based on religious, social and ethnic standings

But if you are still interested I will very likely have my home for sale this year. good luck on your choice

Cons

No good places to eat (lame steak place, mexican fast food, weak chinese, pizza and thats it)

are you including pinetop in this? cuz i think pinetop has pretty good eating.

I wouldn't mind the Show Low area. I have family in Taylor and have spent a lot of time there. Despite the cons I feel I could get used to it. But again it all depends on employment. I'll be done with school in the summer and after I get a feel for things we'll see what happens.

Cons

Naw just talking about show low city limits. I realize if I want to go to dinner I go to pinetop

• Like 1

Cons

Naw just talking about show low city limits. I realize if I want to go to dinner I go to pinetop

Ive always thought of it as one place. Just like the Phoenix valley and Tucson/marana.

Cons

Ive always thought of it as one place. Just like the Phoenix valley and Tucson/marana.

Those are fighting words there.....the line is clearly drawn!!! Just go to any football, basketball....you name it sport and it is not the same town! :blink:

Ask Trphyhntr.......

Hey at least they got rid of the traffic cams right!!!

• Like 1

Cons

Ive always thought of it as one place.

2rogf13.gif