Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Results up!

4B archery antelope! First antelope tag ever!

What a smooth going draw. Looks like they have it figured out.

I was talking to an AZGFD supervisor during a general javelina hunt. The subject of the draw came up. He said they were working on implementing a series of performance improvements over the next several years and should hopefully be able to match New Mexico in efficiency.
  • Like 1

L.O.L. if this is always how my portal account looks. Gets a little nerve-wracking when you know that you applied for a hunt you have an email that shows you applied for a hunt but yet each year when I go to look at my portal account this is what it looks like

post-2359-0-63341800-1520537689_thumb.png

post-2359-0-58862800-1520537700_thumb.png

L.O.L. if this is always how my portal account looks. Gets a little nerve-wracking when you know that you applied for a hunt you have an email that shows you applied for a hunt but yet each year when I go to look at my portal account this is what it looks like

Same.. I'm wondering what exactly I got..

• Like 1

Same.. I'm wondering what exactly I got..

Yeah man I don't even know why I bothered looking because I always show the same results for like weeks it shows that I have no bonus points shows that I didn't put in it makes you start second-guessing like I've already sat down and look through my emails and pulled up my receipt from putting in just to make sure that I did LOL they make me feel like I'm going crazy. But good news is wifey got a cow elk tag in Unit 23 with a rifle so we will have some meat in the freezer this year Lord willing
  • Like 3

Of course there's a bloody leftover in my first choice unit

Are you non resident? Also several units have two hunts for cow at different times make sure it's not a different hunt. Or you didn't put in for what you thought you did. Sometimes the nr 10% quota gets met and they can't give nr a tag after that even if there are no residents to take it.

Of course there's a bloody leftover in my first choice unit

Are you non resident? Also several units have two hunts for cow at different times make sure it's not a different hunt. Or you didn't put in for what you thought you did. Sometimes the nr 10% quota gets met and they can't give nr a tag after that even if there are no residents to take it.

Something doesnt smell right on the leftover list this year. Several of those hunts are regularly WAY over-subscribed.

4A Youth - Last year there were 600 applicants for 100 tags. Seems like way more of a shift than is reasonable. But maybe its a misprint and that is a youth Hopi tag.

Unit 1 Dec Cow hunts - Last year those hunts were over-subscribed by a combined quantity of 2,900 applicants.

This year, each hunt has one leftover.

Seems dang unlikely to have a swing in application patterns that big. I am wondering if perhaps there were rejected cards, that also had a second rejected card and no attempt to continue with the next applicant occurred.

Also seems statistically improbable that so many cow tags had this occur, particularly in close succession by hunt number.

Something here feels like a systemic or algorithmic failure.

• Like 2

Sounds and looks like game and fish draw system didn't go as good as we that. Yes the draw was faster and draw results where faster but left over tags in those units. Left over tags for units that I know people that put in for them on first or second choices that didn't draw. Doesn't sound right to me.

• Like 2