10Turkeys

One Caliber in Arizona

None of them are a perfect one size fits all. With that said, if your only going to have one I just don't think it matters. P?Just pick one between .270 and .338 I honestly think bullet selection and how you set the rifle up are far more important than the cartridge. With the quality of bullets and scopes the advantages some cartridges had over others has closed up a ton.

• Like 4

Pse carbon force xweave 300 tipped with a grim reaper fatal steel 100. They are so ba they make deer dead before they even hit them.

Sometimes finances dictates just one rifle and sometimes choices dictates one rifle. After a divorce and my job going from all the hours that I wanted to 32 hours a week, I was down to one rifle, a .270. My buddy who has a boat load of toys, has just one rifle, a 7mm Mag.

Good ol' old school answer - 22 long rifle with targeted animal in headlights of my jeep

Not condoning poaching by no means, but that answer has always cracked me up.

• Like 1

Sometimes finances dictates just one rifle and sometimes choices dictates one rifle. After a divorce and my job going from all the hours that I wanted to 32 hours a week, I was down to one rifle, a .270. My buddy who has a boat load of toys, has just one rifle, a 7mm Mag.

Tough situation for you. Good luck and hope things turn around for you. Your buddy's situation is inexcusable. :D

#priorities

• Like 1

I think a better question is, why would anyone want to only have one rifle? My vote would be for at least one of every caliber.

Or 2 or 3 in each cartridge! Otherwise what are you supposed to do when one gets hot? Wait? Just a silly waste of time!

• Like 1

So my previous comment was clearly sarcasm, but since it has been asked, I'll list a few.

• Backup rifle (rifle gets dropped, damaged, etc).
  • Multiple hunters in the family with tags for the same hunt.
  • Youth hunter, might need something with a shorter stock or lighter recoil.
  • Need might not have anything to do with it? Libels these days like to ask why does anyone need an "assault rifle" or a 30 round magazine. Are we going to go down that road too?

So my previous comment was clearly sarcasm, but since it has been asked, I'll list a few.

• Backup rifle (rifle gets dropped, damaged, etc).
  • Multiple hunters in the family with tags for the same hunt.
  • Youth hunter, might need something with a shorter stock or lighter recoil.
  • Need might not have anything to do with it? Libels these days like to ask why does anyone need an "assault rifle" or a 30 round magazine. Are we going to go down that road too?

you could consolidate that all down to 7mm with a break/suppressor. 7mmagnet doesnt need a back up.