Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

Unable to understand how many on this site are able to ride bicycles

Like it was said, Art of the deal. If i offer the girl at the Asian massage 20 instead of 60 for a handy, worst she can say is no

No money, no honey.

and when she says "its normal to get an erection during a massage", she is talking to herself, not you.

• Like 4

Here is my thoughts...Craigslist and offer up sucks big time. They will waste your time so much. I try to sell stuff on here low enough to where I will buy it for. You also get the feeling that its going to work and not be a POS that your buying. I have been lowballed a million times and I have also if i feel they are selling to high. Its still 100% better than craigslist. I will always post here first then most of the time just give away before I go to craigs..

When you sale something if you put FIRM next to your price most people here will respect it. Or just say no thanks

• Like 1

Like it was said, Art of the deal. If i offer the girl at the Asian massage 20 instead of 60 for a handy, worst she can say is no

No money, no honey.

and when she says "its normal to get an erection during a massage", she is talking to herself, not you.

Maybe he didn't notice the Adams apple.

Hmmmm from low ballers, to B "s massaged? BTW graduated in 74, been bagging Coues since 70, but only here since 6 mo ago. Oh well I'm still buying new or shopping around if you re asking near full retail for your used stuff. If all you are getting is low ball offers that could mean decent folk don't like your price and being decent don't care to counter and offend you.

I was just having fun, and apparently I have struck a chord. Offers are not offensive, but we have all had people offer us pennies on the dollar for items. I have never called out anyone for a really low offer or any offer. I either counter or just say no thank you. I made a joke, but apparently many feel differently then others. So, lowball on you lowballers, just get a chain guard on your 10speed.

• Like 2

10 speeds - do they even make them anymore ? must be a collectors item these days

Gary, we are old, remember? or did you forget? :rolleyes:

I always search the classifieds here. I'm left handed so there are few rifles I would buy. I bought one here a few years ago and didn't low ball because the price was right, 500 dollars. There are real good deals that show up that don't need low balling. I remember the white International Scout for less than $4000. I wish I was faster on that one.

My best purchases have been through connections I have with items that aren't listed in any classifieds.

I have to agree that the item is worth what someone will pay not what I think it's worth. My trouble is I usually think my stuff is the best and should bring top dollar.

• Like 1

I have found that the type of offers I get in here tend to correlate with the wording of my ads. When I have expressed in my ad that the price is "firm" I don't get low-ball offers. If I state OBO, than I should expect to get some pretty low ones. I never blame a guy for trying to get the best deal possible if he seems legit, genuine, and respectful.

All rules go out the door with Backpage and Craigslist. People on there are jerks. I will usually offer something on here for a little cheaper than I offer on those other sites just for not having to deal with the large quantity of idiots.

$60 for a handy??? I can't believe I'm saving that much doing it myself! And probably doing a better job too!

or she could try to rip you off...........

$60 for a handy??? I can't believe I'm saving that much doing it myself! And probably doing a better job too!
Totally, plus last time she was like 60 years old too

I have found that the type of offers I get in here tend to correlate with the wording of my ads. When I have expressed in my ad that the price is "firm" I don't get low-ball offers. If I state OBO, than I should expect to get some pretty low ones. I never blame a guy for trying to get the best deal possible if he seems legit, genuine, and respectful.

All rules go out the door with Backpage and Craigslist. People on there are jerks. I will usually offer something on here for a little cheaper than I offer on those other sites just for not having to deal with the large quantity of idiots.

This is true, I don't know how many times people (not here so much but on bp/cl) put OBO in the description and won t budge 50$ on a 1000$ dollar rifle.

I have bought things for exactly what people ask but many times if someone would budge a little it would have made the sale. It's psychology, you want to feel like you won a little.

If someone puts "FIRM" I will not respond unless I am willing to pay what they asked

• Like 1

I actually don't care too much either way but since we are discussing this topic:

The thing that bothers me the most is someone trying to sell said used product for at or near retail prices and keep bumping it up. One or two bumps is fine but not 20 in a week span. My only complaint

• Like 3