Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Don Martin

Lousy customer servicwe from Leica USA

UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE

I got a call from Doug at Camera Land Inc. who is a Leica dealer and in 30 minutes he got more done for me on this issue that anyone in the past 5 months!

The Leicas Geovids are in my opinion the best binos out there,

Thanks Doug for all your help on this!

I don't usually complain about the services of a company in the outdoor industry,but in the case of the repair of my Leica 15x56 Geovid binoculars, I want to share this experience with you if you are considering purchasing these high end glasses.

Last December, on a sheep hunt, I had the unfortunate experience of taking a pretty big tumble, and in the process banged up my Leica 15x56 Geovid binoculars pretty bad, after they flew out of the case and hit some rocks (They were tethered and in a case too).

On January 2, 2018 I sent an email to COMPANY 7 in Montpelier Maryland explaining that I needed the binos repaired ASAP as I had spring hunts to do.

On January 5 I get an email on instructions on how to send them back. I also was told that they company had a limited supply of loaner binos, and since I had a number of spring javelina and turkey hunts to do they would see if they could send me a pair while my were being repaired.

I heard NOTHING till April 9 when I send them another email.

At that time I still no loaners, no estimates, NOTHING just this statement. "It has been nearly three months since your binocular was logged in and sent on, still we have not been able to provide either an estimate, or warranty determination, Since we sent the binocular on, and with our report, we have received no communication back from channels about the status of your binocular."

Today, May 1, I called the company and spoke with the fellow I had been emailing about this.

He said he too is disappointed and will send another email to the higher ups including the Customer Relations USA lady and will let me know.

Is this not unbelievable?

I've been a loyal Leica customer for many years... How do you think I feel now?

How would YOU feel if this was happening to you?

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

post-11017-0-60935700-1525373053_thumb.jpg

post-11017-0-31751600-1525373081_thumb.jpg

post-11017-0-18970200-1525373102_thumb.jpg

Time is money. That's an excessive turnaround time. I have built houses from the ground up in that timeframe.

• Like 1

I bad mouth Leica every chance I get with their customer service. They make awesome glass but their customer service sucks

UPDATE-UPDATE!

Since I made this post, I got a call from Doug (gr8fuldoug@aol.com) from Camera Land who is apparently a LEICA distributor.

IN less than 30 minutes, he got more done to resolve this issue than was done in the past 5 months!

Tomorrow, I should know how this issue is going to be resolved!

Now THAT is what I call customer service!

Note that in my post I never bad mouthed the binos, cause those Geovids are the best! I was just frustrated over what I felt was poor customer service.

If I were going to buy a pair of Leicas, I would definitely recommend going through Doug as if you have any issues, he's gonna take care of you!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

• Like 4

Well Doug has been with Cameraland since the 80's and is pretty much an icon and camerland has been around for 60 years.

my leicas have been sent in 2 times, theyre broken again right now have to send them again to the tune of $275. clear glass but im done with them

Better bins than Leica anyway - world renowned for their lack of give a shoot....

100% complete opposite experience I had with my spotting scope, although it wasn't broken when sent in.

Also, not that I'm blaming you, but I would have been on the phone long before May 1st.

No reasonable way to mount a tripod stud and no reasonable customer service are the two reasons Ive stayed away from them.

You just proved that those Leicas are not the best . I can see a problem. I had a Pentax cheapy with the barrels screwed on like those you have. I dropped them on the carpet and the barrel bent. Pentax said that it was abuse. I went up the chain to VP and got them fixed but learned that when barrels are screwed to the body then that is a weak point. The best binos if you are going to drop them is one piece body and barrels.