Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

RaffleTags and Trail Cams

The deal is done. Davis is a plant and just knocked out the idea of using a Heritage stamp so how else will this illustrious committee get money? Whoring tags. I will bet you now that Pete and Nefarious are on the committee and good bonus checks are coming from Don Peay. Welcome to Utah.

• Like 2

The deal is done. Davis is a plant and just knocked out the idea of using a Heritage stamp so how else will this illustrious committee get money? Whoring tags. I will bet you now that Pete and Nefarious are on the committee and good bonus checks are coming from Don Peay. Welcome to Utah.

The deal is not dead. We definitely saw today that the commission is not afraid to NOT take action if enough people show up.

We just have to get behind this.

• Like 2

It seems to me that the AZGFD's portal account is an excellent way to inform the public about this new challenge. If I saw it correctly there are something like 120,000 plus account holders, if they were smart they would make a simple survey that you had to take before you could access your draw results. They could explain the need for more secure funding for education and then ask the question. How best to raise money for this cause?

A. Raffle tags

B. License increase in some form

C. other.

The fall draw would be way before the august meeting and they would at least have a feel for how 120,000 plus sportsman an woman feel is the best way to fund education campaign.

• Like 4

It seems to me that the AZGFD's portal account is an excellent way to inform the public about this new challenge. If I saw it correctly there are something like 120,000 plus account holders, if they were smart they would make a simple survey that you had to take before you could access your draw results. They could explain the need for more secure funding for education and then ask the question. How best to raise money for this cause?

A. Raffle tags

B. License increase in some form

C. other.

The fall draw would be way before the august meeting and they would at least have a feel for how 120,000 plus sportsman an woman feel is the best way to fund education campaign.

Excellent idea.

Maybe we need members to attend some commission meetings and start crying, seem to work with trail cameras... SMH :rolleyes:

Ol’ Russ Jacoby is going to have a hard time living that one down. That being said, i fully anticipate Sneaky Pete crying at the next one

• Like 3

Maybe we need members to attend some commission meetings and start crying, seem to work with trail cameras... SMH :rolleyes:

Ol Russ Jacoby is going to have a hard time living that one down. That being said, i fully anticipate Sneaky Pete crying at the next one

I'm almost positive that Russ was on Jay Scott's podcast before saying how it's wouldn't affect him if they did ban them from water then he starts crying????

Since the G&F's silly ill conceived rule got shot down they need to address the real problem that was exposed by the guides. The proliferation of pond cameras, bottles, trash, quads, etc. littering up our public lands.

That was kind of strange about Davis. He was very pro-ban, and even made a motion to ban them, then withdrew his motion, then he didn't even vote against the motion to keep them. Its interesting that it wasn't until he saw that he was going to lose the vote that he completely flipped sides...

Under the rules of procedure a member of the Commission can ask for reconsideration of a vote within a certain number of days (usually it's 30, but depends on the rules for the particular body). However, only a Commissioner who voted FOR the item in question can ask for reconsideration. Sometimes the member of a public body will change a vote to be in favor when they know they are going to lose because that is the only way they can ask for reconsideration at a later date. Not saying that is what happened here, but it's a possibility. He may just want to vote with the majority so that it appears that the Commission is unified on this particular issue. Sometimes that's important when there is controversy involved and you know that your side is going to lose.

Ol’ Russ Jacoby is going to have a hard time living that one down. That being said, i fully anticipate Sneaky Pete crying at the next one

wait what