bigorange

Bear spray advice

Heading to Glacier, Bozeman, and Yellowstone later this summer...me, wife, 2 kids, and a dog. Any recommendations or advice on bear spray?

S&W 460. Seriously, pay close attention to your surroundings. Brother in-law is up in Alaska and a hiker was killed and a rescuer was bit in the leg this past week.

• Like 1

I was just thinking about buying some bear spray. For the tweekers or whoever keep breaking into my camper. I pray I catch them in the act one of these times.

• Like 3

Bought this when I was in Montana for almost 2 years. Did alot of fishing in and out of the Park. Spray, coupled with a .44 Mag, makes a guy feel better.

It was $29.99 with an elastic belt holster.

post-1241-0-87820100-1529714515_thumb.jpg

post-1241-0-27595400-1529714531_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest oneshot

Get the strongest pepper spray you can find. If a Bear is ready to attack you, take a deeep breath, close eyes and spray your body.

Hope the attacking bear doesnt like spicy foods...

About 2 oz of heavy shot sprayed from a 3 1/2 in 12 ga. Watch the you tube video of the guy that got mauled a year or two ago in the same area of Montana. If your going to rely on bear spray cover yourself in steak seasoning.

If you are in Alaska and you find a big pile of bear poop how do you tell if it's from a black bear or a grizzly ?

Black bear poop will be full of ants, yellow jackets, berries & grass...Grizzly bear poop will have shoestrings in it and smell like pepper spray !

12ga & brenneke slugs, it's what works every time.

Just make sure you store outside the vehicle when traveling, a lot of horror stories of discharge when being transported.

I also am going to Yellowstone this summer, was thinking of brining my dog but after reading the rules of the park it will severely limit what you can do. "Pets are allowed only within 100 feet of a road, a parking area or a campground – and, when outside your vehicle pets must be crated, in a carrier, or on a leash no longer than six feet at all times." this is from the NPS website