naturebob

White Mtns. Fishing?

I have some time off and was thinking going up. Solo shore fishing. Where has it been good lately or what is working from shore. . I like Hawley,Sunrise, Reservation or big Lake. Thanks ,any help appreciated...........BOB!

• Like 1

I was up there two weeks ago with my wife and 3 kids and it was terrible!!! Spent about 6 hours at Big Lake during which we caught 2 fish with 1 more bite. 4 hours at Sunrise without a single bite, and 4 hours at Bunch Reservoir without a bite (but the kids caught lots of crawdads). We usually slay them at all three of these lakes. I think it was just way to hot. I believe it hit 90 degrees at one point! My oldest son went up again with friends last weekend and they didn't catch anything.

The last few weekends we’ve caught a fish a cast at bear canyon. Caught the limit first thing before the hordes roll in.

Worst fishing I ever have up there is end of july and Aug. But a bad day of fishing is still better then being home

• Like 3

I figured not that goo right now. Just wanna get out of Phoenix for a few. Mite just visit prescott and flag and play in the pines.....Thanks for the reports.................BOB!

Just came back from the X Diamond ranch on the little colorado river. Caught trout on dry droppers. It's private waters, catch and release and fly fishing only on the ranch. Would imagine you would do well outside the ranch with a panther Martin(gold and black) if you are spin fishing. Gotta pay to fish the ranch. Great place to take the family for a few days. Cabins were great and the place is gorgeous

Just came back from the X Diamond ranch on the little colorado river. Caught trout on dry droppers. It's private waters, catch and release and fly fishing only on the ranch. Would imagine you would do well outside the ranch with a panther Martin(gold and black) if you are spin fishing. Gotta pay to fish the ranch. Great place to take the family for a few days. Cabins were great and the place is gorgeous

Wink Crigler is a heck of a host. old time cowgirl/flyfisher.

lee

• Like 1

We trolled Nelson on Saturday......dragging peacock ladies on sinking line......probably caught 20 fish in an hour....nothing but stockers but we had two girls with us that had never fished before so now according to them I am the best fishing guide around.

Middle of the day trolling least favorable conditions beautiful weather and enjoyed being up there!!!

• Like 3

I ended up going to 6A and playing around no fishing Thanks .........BOB!

• Like 1

We trolled Nelson on Saturday......dragging peacock ladies on sinking line......probably caught 20 fish in an hour....nothing but stockers but we had two girls with us that had never fished before so now according to them I am the best fishing guide around.

Middle of the day trolling least favorable conditions beautiful weather and enjoyed being up there!!!

Awesome, yep when it comes to the kids this is the place to go!!! We just use power bait and did awesome!!! Good for you, great job