CouesWhitetail

Forum software upgrade

Amanda,thanks for everything you do for us.You have a great day working on the site.Cliff

• Thanks 1

OK, so I figured out one small "gripe".  When someone likes your post, it doesn't tell you who liked your post like it used to.

If that's the worst that comes out of this change for me, I'll still be fully functional and the sun will still rise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IA Born said:

OK, so I figured out one small "gripe".  When someone likes your post, it doesn't tell you who liked your post like it used to.

If that's the worst that comes out of this change for me, I'll still be fully functional and the sun will still rise.

yes, I noticed the same....will ask forum software guys about that.  Might be a setting somewhere to allow it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CouesWhitetail said:

yes, I noticed the same....will ask forum software guys about that.  Might be a setting somewhere to allow it.

So does that mean I can get out of timeout since I found something helpful?

2 hours ago, IA Born said:

That was me liking your post😁. I agree.

38 minutes ago, IA Born said:

So does that mean I can get out of timeout since I found something helpful?

I didn't know you were in timeout?  Come to think of it, that would be a great feature in the forum :)  maybe they have a timeout....I will have to look lol!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

That was me liking your post😁. I agree.

This is what I mean, Amanda.  We need to be able to keep the riff-raff at bay! 😜

39 minutes ago, CouesWhitetail said:

I didn't know you were in timeout?  Come to think of it, that would be a great feature in the forum :)  maybe they have a timeout....I will have to look lol!

It was a self-imposed time out since I was being a smarta$$ about a couple of other things.  But, yes, a timeout feature is definitely not a bad option!

11 minutes ago, IA Born said:

This is what I mean, Amanda.  We need to be able to keep the riff-raff at bay! 😜

It was a self-imposed time out since I was being a smarta$$ about a couple of other things.  But, yes, a timeout feature is definitely not a bad option!

This is something we NEED!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IA Born said:

Tech support told me where to find the setting that controls this.  I enabled it, so we should be able to see who reacts with a like or love or laughing or whatever. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, muleybowhunter said:

i like the new layout looks good.

Thanks, glad you like it!  Which theme are you looking at the tan one, the light blue one or the camo one?  At the moment the default is the tan one, it's closest to the old forum.  

1 hour ago, CouesWhitetail said:

Thanks, glad you like it!  Which theme are you looking at the tan one, the light blue one or the camo one?  At the moment the default is the tan one, it's closest to the old forum.  

the tan one right now, i saw the camo one but i like the tan

when I click on the Theme button on the bottom of the page all I see is IPB Light Blue or Dimension 4.3 options.

One suggestion I have is change the font color on the secondary text below the topic line. I'm using the tan theme and the grey subtext is a bit hard to read.  Otherwise the new format is looking good! 

image.thumb.png.38e2ceb30f75bc3ac2132b8ac55a8309.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ronk said:

when I click on the Theme button on the bottom of the page all I see is IPB Light Blue or Dimension 4.3 options.

There was a time period where there was a problem with the camo theme.  I fixed it and it's now showing up again in the theme list.  Maybe try logging out and logging back in and then look to see if three themes show. Let me know.  Maybe try on computer and phone