CouesWhitetail

Forum software upgrade

3 hours ago, Snapshot said:

Almost 1000 posts disappeared from my total?

I don't think that should be the case, but I can ask tech support if that's possible and why it might occur.  

8 hours ago, CouesWhitetail said:

I don't think that should be the case, but I can ask tech support if that's possible and why it might occur.  

Post content was over 9000 before the change, and after cruising the new layout, I saw the count as dropping to 8293?

7 hours ago, Snapshot said:

Post content was over 9000 before the change, and after cruising the new layout, I saw the count as dropping to 8293?

It was a tax to help fund the new software.

16 hours ago, CouesWhitetail said:

I think it's just a count of reactions to your post...so if someone clicks like on your post, I think that's one point.  The reputation system was introduced by the software company many years ago.  When it was first introduced, you might remember, it used to have a plus and a minus button.  Some people tended to abuse the minus button so fortunately the software company made it so a community could have only a positive vote for a post.  With this new software, if someone clicks like, or love, or other reactions, it's a positive point.  

You can always have a negative vote to a post but you can't just be lazy and use the mouse. You have to think and use the keyboard. 

Amanda, I'm sure this was a lot of hard work on your part. I have just spent a little time looking around on the site and have no complaints with how it functions. Congratulations on a smooth transition. 

• Like 1

Thanks Amanda. I get the appeal of the makeover. Just old dogs and new tricks. I'll get used to it. 

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Is there an easier way to see all content, (new and already read) like it used to be when I hit the new content button?

Click the Activity button upper left, then select All Activity.

edit: on the mobile site select the three lines in the upper right.

• Like 1
  • Love 1