CouesWhitetail

Forum software upgrade

11 hours ago, CouesWhitetail said:

There was a time period where there was a problem with the camo theme.  I fixed it and it's now showing up again in the theme list.  Maybe try logging out and logging back in and then look to see if three themes show. Let me know.  Maybe try on computer and phone 

Works for me on iPad. Looks good.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Elkaddict said:

Yes the Camo one, didn’t show up till this morning. I like it.

Glad you like it!  I do too, but I think it has some areas where the text is hard to read.  I am hoping I can convince the developer of that skin to make some text color changes to help with readibility.  

I have been working so hard on this upgrade for the last two weeks that I have literally bruised my index finger....apparently from having to type so much!  It's crazy, the side of the tip of my finger is all purple...haven't ever done that before!  I probably actually hurt it on the sliding glass door last night while grilling dinner last night, but it sure is sore when I type now! There was a lot of stuff that needed to be done with the server and the forum software company behind the scenes before the upgrade could even be attempted.  Glad it all worked out with minimal disruption.  It was a major upgrade.  It should make everything in the forum easier and faster. 

Thanks for all the hard work...change is always difficult, but this seems very beneficial and I'm sure lots of improvements on the back-end.

One thing I just noticed that I like is the "someone quoted you" notification...sort of like a notification of a reply without following the topic. I like it. :D

• Love 1

I see it too Amanda. Looks great and thanks for all your hard work on this great site. Hope your finger gets a rest and gets better.

• Love 1

I'm probably missing something here. I used to come to a page where all new content was displayed by topic. Now it seems as if each response is ordered chronologically, so each topic can be spread out over a lot of responses. I don't mind the color changes, etc. but I'm finding it hard to peruse the latest conversations like the old format did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach said:

I'm probably missing something here. I used to come to a page where all new content was displayed by topic. Now it seems as if each response is ordered chronologically, so each topic can be spread out over a lot of responses. I don't mind the color changes, etc. but I'm finding it hard to peruse the latest conversations like the old format did. 

I am not sure I am following you?  If you click on "unread content" in the upper right corner by the search box, you should then see a list of all topics that have new responses.  It shows the latest post in that thread, but if you click on the dot to the left of the topic title, it will take you to the first new post in the conversation. since your last visit  That's just like it was.  But perhaps you used to have your view new content settings different than me.  I suggest messing with the settings in the variables that control how unread content is displayed.  After clicking on the text Unread Content, look for the words like "Content type" "read status" "ownership" "time period"  those all have dropdown menus where you can select options that affect what is displayed for your when you click on unread content.  

3 hours ago, Snapshot said:

What is a reputation point?

I think it's just a count of reactions to your post...so if someone clicks like on your post, I think that's one point.  The reputation system was introduced by the software company many years ago.  When it was first introduced, you might remember, it used to have a plus and a minus button.  Some people tended to abuse the minus button so fortunately the software company made it so a community could have only a positive vote for a post.  With this new software, if someone clicks like, or love, or other reactions, it's a positive point.