CouesWhitetail

Forum software upgrade

Some of you may have noticed the forum was down this morning due to a major upgrade in the software that has been a long time coming.  Anyway, the software upgrade is complete.  I am going to be working on installing a custom skin and generally customizing the layout today.  

Let me know if you have any problems.  Thanks for your patience.  

Amanda

• Thanks 1

There is a text link in the same area as where the new content button was.  Now it's called unread content.  So same place it was, just a different name.  look in upper right corner of the forum, under search bar.

There is a little mail envelope icon in same area as before.  In upper right corner of forum, look just left of your login name for the mail envelope button.  Click on it to see list of your messages.

I don't want to speak to soon, buy so far I'm not a fan of the new updates.

• Like 6

Give me some time to work things out.   It's always a process to get everything the way I want it.   I will be adding themes that have different color schemes so you can choose what looks best to you.   Right now I have the camo based theme and the bluish theme.  If you look at the bottom middle of the forum, you will see the word Theme and if you click on it, it will show you what themes are available.  As I had with the old forum, you can select whatever theme you like best.  During the course of the next few days, I will be purchasing more themes and adding them.  You can then try them out and see which appeals to you.  I will also likely make some editing changes to the colors of the text for some of the themes to make them easier, but this all takes time, so just bear with me for awhile.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Change is SO SCARY!! Of course your first instinct is to not like it because you're used to the old version. Give some specific feedback if there is something you'd like changed.

Thanks for being progressive, and working to improve things, Amanda. I will say that at least for me, the current setup isn't quite "contrasty" enough. I also don't care for the camouflage background.

Edit: just read how to switch themes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When I went to open a private message this morning, after receiving the notice in my email, I had a quick, but succinct "What the H3!!!" moment, but then realized change happens, upgrades are needed, and, ultimately, I'll be fine with learning to navigate the new format, like the what happened on the hunting forum I'm on back in my home state.  Fortunately, I've learned to embrace the "Sempre Gumby" approach to life.  Nice job, Amanda!

• Like 1

Yes, the contrast wasn't very good on the camo one, but the contract is good on the more plain theme labelled "default".   Select whichever appeals to you for now.  I will be working on getting a better theme.  

and yes, specific feedback is much more useful than just general complaint about change.  :)  but before you all start with complaints, just give things a few days to settle down and give yourself time to explore the new software.  Everything is almost exactly in the same places as it was, but the old software version wasn't supported anymore and it wasn't allowing people to register for the forum unless I manually created their accounts, which I have been doing for many months now!  It also wasn't getting security upgrades, so we had to upgrade to this new version.  I am still learning all the new features.

• Like 1

Change the theme and it is easy to see. Funny how people don't like change. I don't see a problem with it, it just takes time to adjust. 

• Like 1