lamrith

2018 AZ Coues Deer rifle hunt - Teaser alert

Heck I get more blood on my boots just from eating a steak. Show us your buck, we can handle the blood.

• Like 3

Nice story, thanks for sharing. And agree on pics, show us your trophy! Now that it’s home just snap a pic of the skull or cap or whatever you did.

Ortherwise you might get a reputation.

• Like 1

tenor.gif

Sometimes the stories written here are not for the other members as much as they are for the OP to go back and re read and re live the hunt,  or for the family of the OP to read someday and get to know someone who may have passed on.  I'm pretty detailed about my families hunts and even posted the essays my kids wrote so that they could come back someday and read it.  

• Like 1

Keep telling the story, I have lots of popcorn and a "whirly pop".

2 hours ago, jim said:

I am glad you posted the story as you did. It's nice to hear the passion for the hunt. 

1 hour ago, no worries said:

Keep telling the story, I have lots of popcorn and a "whirly pop".

Thanks guys.  I have only been hunting a few years, this was my second ever coues hunt.  I have less than 20 total days in the field over all those years scouting and hunting coues, so I was happy to get eyes on so many and knock one down.  I went into the hunt with, "1st legal deer gets shot" as my goal.

• Like 4

I enjoyed your write up, I think it's refreshing to hear someone so excited to shoot any legal deer. I think people get way too caught up in the size of the antlers,sometimes I do too.the true trophy,in my opinion, is the adventure and challenges of the hunt itself. But I do like seeing big animals as much as the next guy! Good job on your first coues, sounds like a trophy hunt in my book.

• Like 2