Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

42 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Does he have a statewide, year long, any weapon, either species tag again this year?

Doesnt he always?

Much respect for Brhoton.  Seems like a stand up guy to me.  Bummed for Ben though.  Hes the only one of these characters I actually know.  He should have tried to keep this buck on the DL in my opinion.

Just want to leave this here...couldn't help but think about what ol Fred would have thought about all this drama!

00small50488852.JPG

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Heat said:

Just want to leave this here...couldn't help but think about what ol Fred would have thought about all this drama!

00small50488852.JPG

Glad I'm in the Sportsman stage of my life.  :)

5 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Don't tell me you haven't heard of Nature Girl?

Oh I've heard of her, just haven't heard what happened

20 hours ago, brhoton said:

A few clarifications, some in-site and thoughts i had while spot reading this threat.

1. I feel the worst for Ben, he pulled off archery hunting the deer because I was interested in hunting and killing it.  He is the one that "lost" the most in this situation with not continuing to hunt a once in a lifetime buck and waiting on me to show up.  Many will say that he made the choice and can live with the consequesces True that doesn't mean consequences don't suck. 

After reading Bryans post I have no doubt that was the experience he himself encountered that day. A guy looking for a big buck who gets a phone call about one that was found and he is interested and willing to pay to kill it. I am 100% for the business aspect of hunting and 100% for the everyday person who chooses to do it without a guide. There are so many talented individuals that have the ability and skill to locate great animals for people. Whether they are paid or unpaid. The reality is their will always be folks who have the resources and are willing to pay.  I see nothing wrong with that. You absolutely sound like a stand up guy Bryan and I truly hope you get to kill a monster. I also have no doubt with your classy approach from one simple forum that you will be successful in your hunting life.

One key piece of the story that I cannot agree with is Ben’s feelings in this matter. Although I don’t know him personally and I am sure he is a nice guy and bummed about the turn out. Life it full of humbling experiences. I have been on both sides of that. We get to take those experiences and learn from them and they can define us. This has nothing to do with Bryan, A3, the type of tag, or any other guide on that hill but more so the accuracy of how you really “found” that deer. There are times in life when big pay out’s and long standing relationships come to the forefront. We all get to make a choice as to which fork in the road to take. Making that choice is something we ourselves get to live with. I was raised a little differently. It was once explained to me that no relationship or break in trust is worth any animal. World record or spike. Free or paid. I still believe that.  Although the hills go for miles, hunting is a small world. Many folks put in days and hours of sweat to find these animals.  They choose to put trust in people with their hunting spots and their deer. With the hopes that they will be there to cheer them on in the end. Sometimes that doesn’t work out for good people and sometimes it does. In this case it did. It could have been very different and maybe the timing wasn’t as accurate as both parties would have liked and there were other people involved in the process who I am certain had no clue but I do feel like a lesson in honesty and loyalty was served that day. Whether it was discussed there or in the heads of the ones that tried to pull it off. The sad part is its a big deer but no friendship break or payout is worth that. Hopefully most can move on from this and all can go back to doing what they are good at and love. Hunting. 

• Like 1

If there wasn’t a chance of getting a big one, I wouldn’t even hunt. The possibility of getting a giant is the only thing that makes hunting interesting to me. I never get the big ones, but I like to try. Beef tastes way better 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

If there wasn’t a chance of getting a big one, I wouldn’t even hunt. The possibility of getting a giant is the only thing that makes hunting interesting to me. I never get the big ones, but I like to try. Beef tastes way better 

Your thinking of the big ones that try harder😝

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

You never get the big ones? You are still talking about deer right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Let’s go denim and diamonds at like 1 am tonight and grab the drunkest fat chicks we can find 

Get the "Giant" she'll try real hard.😄