257 STW

Remington Model 600 243 question

I have a Remington Model 600 243 Win looks to be an all original condition with old weaver fixed Power Scope on it I know the Scopes not worth anything much but does anybody know what this rifle would be worth looks to be all original in pretty decent condition just wondering what it's worth? I'll try to load pictures.

20190222_194905.jpg

20190222_194946.jpg

20190222_194916.jpg

20190222_195030.jpg

20190222_195738.jpg

• Like 2

You can check gunbroker but if I was offering money as a shooter I would offer $275 to $300. Now some people will be infatuated with them and offer more if they are a collector. They had a following but when you consider you can get a Howa or Savage Axis for under $300 that will shoot lights out and have a better trigger.

• Like 1

They sell on here often. They’re worth more than $275-$300 and are a MUCH better rifle than a savage axis or howa. Maybe not as accurate but much higher quality. Depends on the condition but i would say $500 +-. Lets see some pics 

• Like 3

GreyGhost85 is dead on, and them weaver scopes work great on a 22lr or mag

Here is a page from Blue Book of Gun Values, 38th Edition for what it's worth. The way I look at it, selling a gun on here or anywhere else for that matter, is like talking to Santa Claus, you might get what you want out of it and you might not.

0130192011~2.jpg

On 1/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, 257 STW said:

I have a Remington Model 600 243 Win looks to be an all original condition with old weaver fixed Power Scope on it I know the Scopes not worth anything much but does anybody know what this rifle would be worth looks to be all original in pretty decent condition just wondering what it's worth? I'll try to load pictures.

Let me know if you want to sell it.

Pictures added

I grew up with that exact same model and caliber. Shot a truck load of deer with it.

Can still remember my father and I looking through the used gun racks, at the "Cashbox" a Tucson area pawn shop, for my first big game rifle... it was 1970 and my ten-year-old eyes were dazzled by a long double rack of bolt action rifles ... there were quite a few vent ribbed Remington 600 rifles chambered in either the triple deuce or the 243 Winchester... Those rifles came with your choice of a fixed 4 power Bushnell or Weaver scope... unfortunately at $125 each they were still a little too pricey for our family to afford... well those sure were the good old days... LOL... Finally found a well-worn Remington 721 in 30 ought 6 that I still occasionally carry in the field while hunting deer or javelina....