AZBull

12 points...now what?

11 hours ago, ltd2004 said:

With that many bonus points unit 10 early archery bull is pretty much 100 percent.   I would go units 10,9,23, or 1.   All early archery bull 

I had 12 resident points this year and did not draw 10 early archery.  

Not gonna lie the draw is 80% luck and boy did we luck out this year! I was drawn last year for 11M archery bull 2nd hunt, I ended up with tag soup last year put in with a buddy this year who had 2 points and we drew first hunt archery bull unit 9 not trying to rub it in but like I said the draw is 80% luck 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AZBull said:

I’ve been trying for 1 and 3a/3c. One of these years I’ll get it 

My friend finally drew it with 26 points this year...

On 3/13/2019 at 2:30 PM, bonecollector said:

With point guard, point creep is real! 

yes it is, plus there are those who are taking advantage of this system getting multiple tags in just a few years.  IMHO, the G&F should do away with point guard and stop the abuse. 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:09 PM, 654321 said:

He must have really wanted that tag because with 26 points he could have had any tag in the state

I also talked to a guy that claimed to have drawn 3A3C early rifle this year with 26 points. But I think he may be mistaken on his point total, or has just been buying points until this year, because in 2018 24 got you any elk tag in the state, resident or non-resident.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, AZBull said:

I'll rub a little salt in the wound. I drew 3A3C early rifle this year with 9 points. My son drew 3A3C archery with 4 points. I've personally never had much luck with the draw outside of having max points. Guess I was due.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, AZBull said:

Also, with 12 points you will likely be guaranteed 3A3C or 1 archery next year. We don't have the date for this most recent draw yet, but last year 12 would have guaranteed an archery tag in either  1 or 3A3C. 11 would have given you about 50/50 odds of getting either in the max pool.

35 minutes ago, rossislider said:

I'll rub a little salt in the wound. I drew 3A3C early rifle this year with 9 points. My son drew 3A3C archery with 4 points. I've personally never had much luck with the draw outside of having max points. Guess I was due.

dang. I only had 8...