Outdoor Writer

LOUD buzzing Desktop

19 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

That certainly is a mystery. PSU's are notorious for going bad and causing problems on some computers.

Yeah, I know. I had to replace two over the years. This HP is a mini-tower, so there's not a lot of room to work inside it. And thankfully I had the right size torque driver for all the screws, which is what they used instead of Phillips heads.

These types of issues always spark my internal detective. LoL.

Most computer motherboards or maybe the sound card will have a little micro speaker that allows you to hear the beeps or warnings used by bios, or software.

Not sure what model your's is, but I would check for a speaker. The big mystery, is how is an electrical component making noise without a power source?

Poltergeist?

I have no pc at home or internet, other than my phone. However, while at work I just call IT and they send a skinny jean wearing kid over. Usually drinking some form of energy drink. So like Home Depot and Jesus and Juan....... get to Best Buy early and pick up a Kyle or skylar!

• Like 1

Hmmm.  HP tech. support might know or at least they might be able to let you know if it's a warranty item if you need to get it professionally fixed.  Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

3 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Hillary can fix it for you...

Did you try wiping it with like a cloth or something?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snapshot said:

These types of issues always spark my internal detective. LoL.

Most computer motherboards or maybe the sound card will have a little micro speaker that allows you to hear the beeps or warnings used by bios, or software.

Not sure what model your's is, but I would check for a speaker. The big mystery, is how is an electrical component making noise without a power source?

Poltergeist?

HP 510-p026. I set it up initially without any speakers, and the actual computer never made a sound. So I don't think it has an internal speaker. With the speakers in my current monitor muted it still doesn't beep, just the infernal buzzing.  And it's still ongoing today. 

I quit yesterday before pulling the CPU fan. Going to try that later. Also will try using a wooden dowel to isolate where the buzz is mostly concentrated. 

11 hours ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Hmmm.  HP tech. support might know or at least they might be able to let you know if it's a warranty item if you need to get it professionally fixed.  Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

Perhaps so, but since it's out of warranty, they will want to get paid. 

11 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I have no pc at home or internet, other than my phone. However, while at work I just call IT and they send a skinny jean wearing kid over. Usually drinking some form of energy drink. So like Home Depot and Jesus and Juan....... get to Best Buy early and pick up a Kyle or skylar!

I bought mine at Staple's. Not sure if they have a computer repair place or not. I might call later to find out. 

A misplaced toy, perhaps?

Take it out to your car, is the noise still in your office?  If not did the noise move to your car?  If so, then drive to a computer repair shop and leave it there, also it probably needs a good checkup for bugs etc.  😏

15 minutes ago, ThomC said:

Take it out to your car, is the noise still in your office?  If not did the noise move to your car?  If so, then drive to a computer repair shop and leave it there, also it probably needs a good checkup for bugs etc.  😏

The buzz stays with the computer no matter where it is.