elkhunter

Wife’s buck

My wife has tagged out on 3 nice bucks on opening day the last 3 years since she decided to start hunting. The deer were holding tight at first light due to the wind. When I changed glassing seats I used the chest binos to scan closeby hills and found this fella and another buck at 700 yards. We boogied over there and got nice and close when he was bedded down. The shot was 140 yards. 

204009E2-A114-42C3-9775-76B7A98B3485.jpeg

2F343A05-265D-4B3F-BDFB-84880D42F11E.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Great Buck! 2

Stud Buck Congrats

He did have a Roman nose. His neck was thick with a chunk body and beer belly, I figured an older buck but he had no wear on his teeth so 4-5 years is my guess. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, elkhunter said:

He did have a Roman nose. His neck was thick with a chunk body and beer belly, I figured an older buck but he had no wear on his teeth so 4-5 years is my guess. 

Dont remember seeing that on a coues before. 

• Confused 1

Kevin- get out of here with that comment

Yeah- her second shot wasn’t necessarily but she saw him moving and put a second round right in the dome

31 minutes ago, elkhunter said:

Kevin- get out of here with that comment

Yeah- her second shot wasn’t necessarily but she saw him moving and put a second round right in the dome

Sorry man I was completely joking. Didnt mean to take away from the deer at all. Congrats again. 

Great Deer , Congrats. Some Big Coues being taken this Year.  I hope for 1 day after Thanksgiving.........BOB!