Sign in to follow this  
Bisbee

Hey! what is this white stuff?

we're waaaaay behind on snowfall/moisture.........it can be an inconvenience, but the critters will definitely benefit.  

• Like 5

Let it snow. Been a while since we've had a cold, snowy late bull season. 

• Like 6

I would say that this weather has definitely made it harder on the late archery guys.  If they didn't get it done already it will be hard now.  I have the late rifle hunt and forecast is calling for 3" of snow on Friday the opener in my unit.

2 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Let it snow. Been a while since we've had a cold, snowy late bull season. 

Last year was very cold and snowy in 8 and 7w. I am happy we are going to have another one! Elk don't mind this weather one bit and it keeps a lot of hunters in camp or at the bar in town.

• Like 3

Heading up to 7E to scout this weekend and then the late rifle hunt on the 29th.

I have 4WD with new Falken Wildpeaks.  I will be driving only on Forest Service roads. 

Any need for chains given the expected snow?

Thanks,

Eddie

2 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

Heading up to 7E to scout this weekend and then the late rifle hunt on the 29th.

I have 4WD with new Falken Wildpeaks.  I will be driving only on Forest Service roads. 

Any need for chains given the expected snow?

Thanks,

Eddie

I have A/T tires and have never needed chains. I do carry a shovel, tow straps, a come a long, and an old piece of carpet. The carpet is nice if you have to change a tire or do any repairs. It keeps you out of the snow and mud. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I have A/T tires and have never needed chains. I do carry a shovel, tow straps, a come a long, and an old piece of carpet. The carpet is nice if you have to change a tire or do any repairs. It keeps you out of the snow and mud. 

Thanks for your reply.

I carry those items as well so I'm thinking I'll be okay.

Eddie

• Like 1

And another storm system is set for next week Wed-Sat.  I would have chains just in case, not just for snow, but for mud too..  I recall one wet,snowy, muddy hunt in 10 where there were reports of a few broken drive trains.

• Like 2

I preffer a late hunt with snow. . Snow is nothing. I would rather hunt in a foot of snow than 3 inches of mud after it melts. Been on hunts that were almost zero at night in a tent. Adapting to your environment is a main rule in hunting. Plus the meat stays cold.

• Like 3

Heading up Tuesday for my late rifle hunt. Hopefully will have camp all set up before the storm next week. We are supposed to head back to Havasu for Thanksgiving day than head back up to my unit that evening. If the snow comes like predicted we will be having Thanksgiving in camp. Good luck to all with a tag gonna be cold & snowy for sure. Should be a fun hunt!!

I’ll be heading up to Flagstaff on Wednesday for Thanksgiving, then leave Friday morning to help with a late rifle. Should be interesting if next week’s storm pans out. Will be watching the forecast as it approaches. 

• Like 1