Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Kobe Bryant farewell

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Because he’s one of the best nba players of all time 

holy shoot the responses in this thread make me wonder why I’m considered an asshole here 

Who gives a chit. What has he contributed to our country? He plays sports. Good for him for being the greatest basketball player of all time. Patriots die every day. Where is their front page recognition? Our country is seriously misguided. 

I'll be an asshole with you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Who gives a chit. What has he contributed to our country? He plays sports. Good for him for being the greatest basketball player of all time. Patriots die every day. Where is their front page recognition? Our country is seriously misguided. 

I'll be an asshole with you. 

what patriots died today?

6 hours ago, ctafoya said:

This country needs a kick in the nuts. He was a basketball player. That's it. Why is this front page news? 

He was more than a basketball player, inspired millions of people - he also represented his country in the Olympics and won gold, that was a proud moment... 

If he was "just a basketball player" what are you?  

• Like 3

Sad and tragic for all involved but at a time like this let’s not all pass judgment from ones past, I’m sure most on here have a ghost in the closet they would rather not be reminded of at any time- no one is perfect.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 520HUNT said:

Was Kobe a hunter? I thought this was a hunting forum.

Yes, he constricted his prey

11 hours ago, yotebuster said:

That happened 15 years ago.  Doesn’t make it any less tragic, and it’s a shame that it likely got less media attention then Kobe, but it didn’t happen today.

https://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=16798

Thanks for the catch. The story popped up in my news feed and never thought to look at the date. I will be mindful of that in the future. 

9 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Did you read any of the details to that case?

i followed the facts then,i was at lodge&spa cordillera after that happend, why did she go to his room at midnight? play cards? rumors in the hotel are different, she had sex with a couple of different guys those days. not assuming anything but maybe she was looking to make money.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Sad for sure. What about the ones who died on that flight that weren't famous? I guess they dont matter. This country needs a kick in the nuts. He was a basketball player. That's it. Why is this front page news? 

they didnt announce the names of the others because their next of kin hadnt been notified.

im not a basketball fan, i dont even watch sports at all. but man the posts itt are ignorant as heck. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, rossislider said:

I believe he is a rapist who payed off his victim to keep her quiet. Many will say that he was never tried and convicted (innocent until proven guilty), but as someone who followed the events at the time, his story didn't pass the "sniff test". When you have his fame and wealth, trials rarely happen. I don't believe that he was an honorable or good person, and I am bothered that the bulk of society is in a rush to proclaim him a saint. 

if i remember right she had 4 dudes semen in her so the dna test was compromised. give that a sniff test. she saw an opportunity for money and took it. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

they didnt announce the names of the others because their next of kin hadnt been notified.

im not a basketball fan, i dont even watch sports at all. but man the posts itt are ignorant as heck. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/kobe-bryant-helicopter-crash-victims-155328169.html

Here's an article that gives the bios of those lost in the crash.  Sad sad stuff for all of the families.

• Like 2